The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest; categorized by market capitalization (large cap over $10 billion and mid cap between $2-$10 billion) and ranked by percent change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume).
Large Cap Gainers
- Nike (NYSE:NKE) 104.50 +5.56%: Nike released earnings today and beat quarterly EPS by 14 cents. Revenues rose 7.4% year over year to $5.96 bln.
- Red Hat (NYSE:RHT) 54.78 +4.14%: Red Hat released Q3 earnings today, reporting EPS of 29 cents. Revenues rose 18.5% year over year to $343.6 million.
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISRG) 503.20 +3.10%): ISRG is recovering following some sharp selling after yesterday’s negative report from Citron Research.
Large Cap Losers
- Yum! Brands (NYSE:YUM) 63.59 -4.36%: Reuters reported that KFC was supplied with chicken in China that contained excessive amounts of antibiotics
- Nokia (NYSE:NOK) 3.98 -4.67%: Settled patent dispute with Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) in return for a one-time payment and recurring payments from Research in Motion to Nokia.
- Walgreen Company (NYSE:WAG) 36.08 -3.91%: Reported Q1 earnings of 58 cents per share. Revenues fell 4.6% year over year to $17.32 billion.
Mid Cap Gainers
- Tibco Software (NASDAQ:TIBX) 22.19 +6.99%: Tibco Software released quarterly and year-end reports today. The company’s Q4 revenues rose 2.4% year over year to $296.5 million vs $293.5 mln estimate, and also reported record non-GAAP EPS for the year.
- Mohawk Industries, Inc. (NYSE:MHK) 92.06 +5.74%: Mohawk announced the purchase of Marazzi Group, a manufacturer and marketer of ceramic tile, for $1.5 billion.
- Crane Co. (NYSE:CR) 46.25 +2.87%: Crane announced the acquisition of MEI Conlux Holdings and reaffirmed FY12 EPS estimates at the lower end of $3.75 – $3.85.
Mid Cap Losers
- Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) 11.11 -21.33%: Research in Motion released disappointing earnings today, and on top of that, the company came out the loser in a patent dispute with Nokia and was downgraded at Credit Agricole and National Bank Financial.
- Herbalife (NYSE:HLF) 27.70 -17.83%: HLF continued to fall after Bloomberg’s reporting of Bill Ackman’s bearish comments on the stock and his disclosure of his very lucrative short position. The stock was downgraded to Hold at Argus on potential further selling .
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) 6.32 -7.00%: MU has continued to fall after a disappointing earnings report yesterday. The company missed quarterly EPS by 7 cents and revenues fell 12.2% year over year to $1.83 billion. The stock was downgraded to Outperform from Buy at Credit Agricole.
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.