The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest, categorized by market capitalization (large cap over $10 billion and mid cap between $2-$10 billion) and ranked by percent change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume).
Large Cap Gainers
- Nomura Holdings (NYSE:NMR) 5.53 +5.74%: Trading higher following reports that the company’s brokerage unit topped rankings.
- Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU) 100.74 +4.1%: Reports indicated that Baidu is set to launch an Android competitor to Apple’s (NASDAQ:AAPL) Siri.
- Telefonica Brasil (NYSE:VIV) 23.8 +2.94%: Trending up in sympathy with other Brazil-related companies such as Vale S.A. (NYSE:VALE) and Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras SA (NYSE:PBR).
Large Cap Losers
- Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) 49.81 -7.02%: A Ladenburg technician likes the risk/reward on KORS, and increased the price target to $70 with a $48.50 stop.
- Coach, Inc. (NYSE:COH) 54.11 -5.93%: Retailers such as Ralph Lauren (NYSE:RL), The Gap (NYSE:GPS) and Nike (NYSE:NKE) are trading lower on disappointing holiday retail sales data.
- Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) 249.24 -3.63%: Heard cautious comments at ITG.
Mid Cap Gainers
- Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) 11.6 +9.28%: CNBC attributed strength to short covering and Blackberry 10 rumors.
- Herbalife (NYSE:HLF) 28.09 +7.79%: HLF has been volatile since Ackman disclosed his short position in the stock last week. The stock has continued to make headlines with ValueWalk’s report out yesterday about Whitney Tilson’s short position in HLF and a WSJ report on HLF and Ackman.
- Weatherford International Ltd. (NYSE:WFT) 10.96 +3.4%: WFT’s vice presidents bought 60,000 shares at $10.63-$10.93 per share for a total around $600,000.
Mid Cap Losers
- ServiceNow Inc. (NYSE:NOW) 29.8 -5.87%: Trading lower following its IPO lock-up expiration.
- American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO) 19.71 -3.81%: Trading lower in sympathy with other retail names like Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN), Fossil (NASDAQ:FOSL) and Gamestop (NYSE:GME) following disappointing holiday retail sales data.
- Lululemon Athletica (NASDAQ:LULU) 73.76 -2.64%: Trading lower on the retail post-holiday blues.
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.