The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest; categorized by market capitalization (large cap over $10 billion and mid cap between $2-10 billion) and ranked by % change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume).
Large Cap Gainers
- AIG (NYSE:AIG) 34.89 +4.59%: AIG confirmed that the U.S. Department of the Treasury has priced a 234.2 million share offering of AIG common stock for $32.50 per share.
- The Gap (NYSE:GPS) 31.87 +3.17%: Goldman Sachs reinstated a “buy” rating for GPS.
- Citrix Systems (NASDAQ:CTXS) 64.54 +3.16%: Pacific Crest is bullish on CTRX, and announced a $90 upside target for the stock.
Large Cap Losers
- Dollar General (NYSE:DG) 44.18 -5.13%: DG released earnings today. They beat EPS expectations by $0.03 and raised EPS guidance for the 2013 fiscal year, but sees FY13 revenues at the low end of previous range.
- HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA) 32.89 -2.89%: HCA announced a secondary offering of 32 million shares of common stock yesterday.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (NYSE:KMP) 79.06 -1.84%: KMP plans to sell its one-third stake in Express-Platte Pipeline System to Spectra Energy (NYSE:SE) for $380 million pre-tax. They also commenced an underwritten public offering of 3.9 million shares.
Mid Cap Gainers
- Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR) 2.75 +14.58%: CNBC reported that Sprint (NYSE:S) may acquire the remaining 49% of Clearwire.
- TripAdvisor (NASDAQ:TRIP) 41.24 +7.42%: Liberty Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ:LINTA) now has a majority voting stake in TRIP after purchasing approx. 4.8 mln shares of TRIP from former Chairman, now Director, Barry Diller. and the Diller-von Furstenberg Family Foundation at a price of $62.50 per share.
- Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN) 39.07 +5.59%: UBS AG raised their target for URBAN to $39 from $37. Their rating for URBN remains “neutral.”
Mid Cap Losers
- SPX Corporation (NYSE:SPW) 62.96 -7.85%: According to Reuters sources, the SPX Corporation is in talks to buy rival Gardner Denver (NYSE:GDI).
- Family Dollar Stores (NYSE:FDO) 67.12 -4.9%: FDO is getting dragged down along with DG due to DG’s disappointing earnings report.
Greif, Inc. (NYSE:GEF) 41.4 -2.36%: GEF rescheduled their earnings results and conference call.
John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.