The following are some of today’s most notable mid- and large-cap movers (over $1 billion) with over 100,000 average daily volume. The gainers and losers are ranked by percent change:
Top Intraday Gainers
- Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) 145.61 – 170.00, + 15.54%: This popular streaming-video provider is still riding the wave from its Jan. 23 positive earnings well above estimates, along with five analyst upgrades and increased targets.
- QLogic Corporation (NASDAQ:QLGC) 11.41 – 12.90, +13.42%: QLogic is way up since the company posted earnings beating expectations. Morgan Stanley has upgraded the stock to equal weight.
- Lam Research Corporation (NASDAQ:LRCX) 39.91 – 41.95, +5.90%: Chip equipment stocks are rallying thanks to positive guidance from KLA-Tencor (NASDAQ:KLAC) and Samsung’s earnings release today that predicts 2013 capital expenditures about equal with last year’s.
- Halliburton (NYSE:HAL) 39.32 – 40.28 , + 4.81%: Dave Lesar believes Q4 marked the bottom for North American margins. Investors rewarded his decision to idle 10 fleets and retire two older fleets rather than chasing lower-priced transactional work.
- ASML Holding N.V. (NASDAQ:ASML) 72.52 – 73.61, + 3.27%: Chip equipment stocks are rallying thanks to positive guidance from KLA-Tencor and Samsung’s earnings release today that predicts 2013 capital expenditures about equal with last year’s.
Top Intraday Losers
- Northfield Bancorp (NASDAQ:NFBK) 11.14 – 11.48, -26.60%: NFBK hit its 52-week low today after disappointing earnings were released yesterday after the close.
- Ctrip.com International, Ltd. (NASDAQ:CTRP) 19.07 – 22.00, -12.69%: According to an Oppenheimer report, CTRIP’s coupon program extends to plane tickets, which could be a sign the company is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
- Select Comfort Corp. (NASDAQ:SCSS) 22.57 – 24.00, -17.97%: SCSS shares plummeted after the company reported fourth-quarter net income of $12.50 million or 22 cents per share, down from $15.37 million or 27 cents per share in the same quarter last year, and 10 cents below analyst expectations.
- ScanSource, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCSC) 28.40 – 32.90, -14.68%: SCSC dropped to a two-month low on disappointing earnings released yesterday after the close. Net sales decreased 4.5% to $747.7 million, compared to $782.7 million in the same quarter last year. The consensus estimate was for revenues of $743.66 million.
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.