At InvestorPlace Media, we believe that people are our most important asset. Our employees enjoy excellent benefits, competitive salaries, professional development and growth opportunities. So why not consider a career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with opportunities for growth and advancement?
We offer excellent benefits, including:
Health care, dental and vision benefits; employer-paid short- and long-term disability; 401k plan; employer-paid life, supplemental life & AD&D; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care; paid holidays; generous personal days; vacation days; sick leave; employee assistance program; wellness program and more!
And our employees enjoy many company perks such as:
Convenient location near Washingtonian/Rio Center and a short drive from the Shady Grove Metro Station; plenty of free parking; free bagels; free ice cream in the summer; fun morale-boosting events; community service-oriented culture; casual and flexible environment.
How to Apply
To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Each position has a job code listed within each ad; please reference this job code in the subject line of your email.
Customer Service Representative
This is an incredible opportunity to join a well-respected financial publishing company in the Washington D.C. area – specifically, Rockville, MD. Our award winning investment products have a sizeable customer base and we are looking for Customer Service Representatives to provide quality customer service to our valued subscribers. The Customer Service Representatives will need to ensure our customer expectations are met with a high degree of satisfaction. InvestorPlace Media has a 40+ year history of growth and success. We offer great benefits, competitive compensation, convenient location, and stable work environment with a tangible path for advancement.
Our customers are our number one priority and this is a highly responsible position and will report to the Customer Service Supervisor. We are looking for a candidate that is highly adaptive, cheerful and compassionate to delivering world-class support to our customers.
The candidate must have empathy, great listening and learning abilities. Specific required traits for this position are organization, flexibility with schedule and tasks/duties, can-do attitude, and excellent judgment required for handling customer needs.
Some experience in a customer service call center environment is desirable but not necessary. Computer experience is a must – candidates must have some business skills and be able to work efficiently in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and willingness and capabilities for more detailed training in our customer service software platform. We do require a minimum of a High School diploma.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer inbound customer service calls to place orders, process cancels and resolve customer concerns. (Answer approximately 75-100 calls and resolve 20-50 customer emails each day)
- Keep supervisor informed of trending customer issues
- Prepare correspondence (letters and emails)
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Various other tasks as directed by manager.
- People oriented and empathetic
- Problem solver and can make judgment calls with both the customer and company goals in mind
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage several tasks at once
We are serious about investing in talent, and the right candidate will have no barriers to success. We have a friendly culture, plenty of opportunities for professional development and a great team of professionals who thrive on achieving goals!
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and in the subject line of your email, reference job code: CSR.TM.CS
Junior Web Designer
InvestorPlace Media is searching for an energetic and experienced Junior Web Designer to join their dynamic, fast-paced E-Design team. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone who thrives on showcasing his/her design skills in a friendly, fast paced, rewarding environment.
We have a 40 year history of growth and success and offer great benefits, convenient location, and a stable work environment with great opportunity for advancement.
The ideal candidate will be a proficient hand coder with clean, organized, and structured HTML and CSS coding skills. Ability to work under tight time constraints with changing requirements a must! Outstanding visual design skills and talent for building usable interfaces needed. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be extremely thorough and detail oriented with a willingness to tackle and troubleshoot any issue big or small.
Creating and coding outbound HTML emails and e-commerce offer pages utilizing best practices for email delivery and Can-Spam compliance
- Design and maintenance of banner ads, buttons and pops
- Creation of various forms of marketing collateral such as reports, white papers, webinar/online seminar frames and graphics, online newsletters, etc.
- Creation of various forms of print material such as newsletter issue fulfillment, direct mail pieces, trade show flyers, etc.
- Troubleshoot and investigate issues on a daily basis
- Locate and coordinate opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Skilled in use of Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Previous email coding experience preferred
- InDesign and/or Quark knowledge preferred
Please send resume with salary requirements as well as design samples/portfolio. Reference Job Code: JED.JK.DES in subject line of email submission.