At InvestorPlace Media our employees enjoy excellent benefits, competitive salaries, professional development and growth opportunities. We have great team camaraderie and enjoy a variety of events to interact, from social events to round tables and team events. So why not consider a career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with opportunities for growth and advancement?
We offer excellent benefits, including:
Health care, dental and vision benefits; employer-paid short- and long-term disability; 401k plan; employer-paid life, supplemental life & AD&D; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care; paid holidays; generous personal days; vacation days; sick leave; employee assistance program; and more!
And our employees enjoy many company perks such as:
Convenient location near Washingtonian/Rio Center, Fallsgrove and Downtown Crown – and a short drive from the Shady Grove Metro Station; plenty of free parking; fun morale-boosting events – both team and company wide; community service-oriented culture; casual and flexible environment.
If you’d like to apply for a position to join the IPM team, please take a look at our open positions and read on as to how to apply!
How to Apply
External Candidates: To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. Each position has a job code listed within each ad; please reference this job code in the subject line of your email.
Internal Candidates: Please contact Human Resources if you are interested in this position.
At this time we are currently hiring for the following:
If you are passionate about investing, the stock market and the financial arena, or if you have a strong interest in learning from the editorial pros in this high-energy market, then read on to find out how your editorial/journalism career can take off and grow with one of the leaders in the multimedia financial publishing marketplace.
What We’re Looking for…
An IPM editorial career can be demanding, so we’re looking for people who are energetic and want to learn and grow with us. We have an excellent track record of providing exceptional careers paths and compensation to those who work hard and prove themselves.
Ideal candidates will be detail- and deadline-oriented and have a B.A. in journalism, communications or a related field. We’re looking for ambitious recent college graduates or professionals with a few years of experience who have excellent persuasive writing, editing/proofreading and interpersonal skills and can be flexible and adapt to an unpredictable work environment. Candidates will be responsible for helping to manage the editorial quality of multiple award-winning investment newsletters and websites and will have a great opportunity to contribute to an industry leader in the world of investment publishing. We will provide excellent training to the ideal candidates, who will be self-starters who have strong critical-thinking skills, can prioritize tasks and can work quickly without sacrificing quality. And a good sense of humor is essential!
Other essential/desirable traits: Knowledge of proofreading symbols and electronic markup (tracking changes), AP style, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Dreamweaver, HTML, online editing, Web applications.
Here’s what you’ll be responsible for as you’re learning the publishing business from the ground floor…
- Reviewing, fact-checking, editing, and formatting daily, weekly and monthly financial publications, Web content, e-letters and marketing pieces
- Creating and updating special reports and other supplements
- Independent research and problem-solving
- Becoming an expert on the content, voice and audience of multiple publications
- Tracking and updating investment portfolios via Excel and other software
- Performing basic financial calculations and research to verify or update data
- Answering customer questions regarding editorial content
If you are interested in an editorial career with IPM, please email your cover letter, salary requirements and resume, along with three writing/editing samples of varying lengths, to firstname.lastname@example.org. (In the subject line of your email, please reference job code: ED.SM.NAV). Personal Relocations Only.
DIGITAL ADVERTISING ACCOUNT MANAGER
Do you want to be in charge of big digital accounts but still work at a smaller company where everyone knows your name? Like to travel to New York or San Francisco once in a while but live in the Washington DC area? Like flexing both sides of your brain while interacting with clients? Are you looking for a job with room for growth?
Then InvestorPlace Media has the perfect job for you.
You’ll own the advertising account management function for InvestorPlace.com, one of the leading sites on the web for finance and investing. You’ll be expected to hit the ground running managing and building upon the relationships we have in place with big-brand agencies and finance-endemic brands to reach the 2MM unique visitors who visit our site each month.
Our advertisers rely on InvestorPlace.com to reach a premium finance audience (highest HHI, portfolio size, and investing activity of any finance site). You’ll be in charge of making sure that their campaigns succeed.
We need you to develop and manage media and audience strategy (via display, native ads, dedicated emails, and other digital media); build innovative digital media plans; and work with our editorial and advertising operations teams to ensure delivery against our advertising clients’ commitments.
You’ll report directly to the general manager of the site. No bureaucracy. No layers. You’ll have freedom to succeed….and to make sure our advertisers succeed, too.
Oh, and don’t worry if you don’t know a lot about stocks or investing yet. We’ll teach you.
We’re looking for someone who knows digital media, but more importantly someone with intellectual curiosity, the people skills to connect with clients, and the flexibility to balance our needs with our clients’ needs. That might be demonstrated with the following background:
- Experience in digital media planning, buying, or campaign management
- Ability to research, plan, buy, optimize and report on digital media using comScore
- Excellent, active listening skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- The ability to work independently when needed, and as a part of a team when that’s needed instead
- But most importantly, the strong desire to do whatever it takes to make sure that we deliver for our advertisers
Sure, it’s better if you’ve grown up in digital media. But honestly, it’s not mandatory. If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed here but don’t happen to have those specific attributes….make your case in your cover letter. We’re hiring for ability, not experience. Convince us.
- Develop media plans to address advertiser requirements. Deliver creative and practical digital media services that address and achieve client business and marketing goals
- Successfully launch new advertising campaigns
- Analyze, benchmark, and report campaign performance
- Grow existing advertising client relationships
- Do what it takes to ensure that we continue to gain new advertisers and that existing advertisers remain happy with the performance we provide.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. Please reference this job code in the subject line of your email: DA.AT.IP.
InvestorPlace Media is looking for an energetic, flexible, hardworking Web Designer to join our publishing team.
The ideal candidate will be detail- and deadline-oriented, have 3+ years professional web design experience and the talent necessary to create stunning visuals while maintaining structure and balance within his/her designs. He/she will be responsible for front-end design (and some development) of online financial publication websites, creating logos and branding, collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders while managing multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines. The ideal candidate will have the ability to bounce around from one application to the next in Adobe Creative Suite without missing a beat. This is a great opportunity to contribute to an industry leader in the fast-paced world of investment publishing.
- Front-end design to include HTMLs, banner ads, infographics, etc… along with some development of newsletter websites
- Creating logos and branding for the launch of new services/products as well as refreshing existing ones
- Ability to edit video and incorporate into PPT presentations is a huge plus
- General maintenance/upkeep and ongoing design evolution of existing websites
- Collaborating with design and development colleagues in a team environment
- Communicating effectively with internal stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree, 3+ years professional design experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premier, InDesign and Illustrator
- Exhibits a passion for design principles
- Ability to code designs in HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of WordPress is a huge plus
- Willingness to offer new ideas and communicate effectively
- Superior attention to detail with outstanding organization skills
- Ability to take marketing feedback well
- A solid online portfolio of web design work
Preferred but not required experience with:
- Responsive/Fluid design
- Mobile UI design
- Content management systems (open source or out-of-the-box solutions)
- Video editing and encoding
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line of your email, reference job code: WD.RO.PUB
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
This is an incredible opportunity to join a well-respected financial publishing company in the Washington D.C. area – specifically, Rockville, MD. Our award winning investment products have a sizeable customer base and we are looking for Customer Service Representatives to provide quality customer service to our valued subscribers. The Customer Service Representatives will need to ensure our customer expectations are met with a high degree of satisfaction. InvestorPlace Media has a 40+ year history of growth and success. We offer great benefits, competitive compensation, convenient location, and stable work environment with a tangible path for advancement.
Our customers are our number one priority and this is a highly responsible position and will report to the Customer Service Supervisor. We are looking for a candidate that is highly adaptive, cheerful and compassionate to delivering world-class support to our customers.
The candidate must have empathy, great listening and learning abilities. Specific required traits for this position are organization, flexibility with schedule and tasks/duties, can-do attitude, and excellent judgment required for handling customer needs.
Some experience in a customer service call center environment is desirable but not necessary. Computer experience is a must – candidates must have some business skills and be able to work efficiently in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and willingness and capabilities for more detailed training in our customer service software platform. We do require a minimum of a High School diploma.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer inbound customer service calls to place orders, process cancels and resolve customer concerns. (Answer approximately 75-100 calls and resolve 20-50 customer emails each day)
- Keep supervisor informed of trending customer issues
- Prepare correspondence (letters and emails)
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Various other tasks as directed by manager.
- People oriented and empathetic
- Problem solver and can make judgment calls with both the customer and company goals in mind
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage several tasks at once
We are serious about investing in talent, and the right candidate will have no barriers to success. We have a friendly culture, plenty of opportunities for professional development and a great team of professionals who thrive on achieving goals!
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and in the subject line of your email, reference job code: CSR.SR.TA