At InvestorPlace Media, we believe that people are our most important asset. Our employees enjoy excellent benefits, competitive salaries, professional development and growth opportunities. So why not consider a career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with opportunities for growth and advancement?
We offer excellent benefits, including:
Health care, dental and vision benefits; employer-paid short- and long-term disability; 401k plan; employer-paid life, supplemental life & AD&D; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care; paid holidays; generous personal days; vacation days; sick leave; employee assistance program; wellness program and more!
And our employees enjoy many company perks such as:
Convenient location near Washingtonian/Rio Center and a short drive from the Shady Grove Metro Station; plenty of free parking; free bagels; free ice cream in the summer; fun morale-boosting events; community service-oriented culture; casual and flexible environment.
How to Apply
To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. Each position has a job code listed within each ad; please reference this job code in the subject line of your email.
SEO Content Expert
InvestorPlace.com, a financial news website, is seeking a digital native who is an expert in SEO.
This senior-level role is responsible for maximizing traffic to InvestorPlace.com from search, so knowledge of web analytics and SEO best practices is crucial. The ideal candidate knows the right web architecture to maximize search traffic, but also has 3+ years of experience in a daily content environment.
After all, we want our main pages to rank highly in search, but also publish 60+ articles each day that should each be optimized for SEO.
- Monitor daily search trends in Google Analytics
- Identify the best keywords to “chase” with new content
- Optimize existing category pages, and identify opportunities for new ones
- Craft a best practices document for content and train editors/writers on SEO tactics
- Prioritize terms that meet our core mission of providing “actionable” financial content
- Use social media strategy in cooperation with SEO strategy
- A willingness to be agile and responsible as things change based on the data and our goals
Please submit resume and cover letter – reference job code: SEO.EH.GR
If you are passionate about investing, the stock market and the financial arena, or if you have a strong interest in learning from the editorial pros in this high-energy market, then read on to find out how your editorial/journalism career can take off and grow with one of the leaders in the multimedia financial publishing marketplace.
What We’re Looking for…
An IPM editorial career can be demanding, so we’re looking for people who are energetic and want to learn and grow with us. We have an excellent track record of providing exceptional careers paths and compensation to those who work hard and prove themselves.
Ideal candidates will be detail- and deadline-oriented and have a B.A. in journalism, communications or a related field. We’re looking for ambitious recent college graduates or professionals with a few years of experience who have excellent persuasive writing, editing/proofreading and interpersonal skills and can be flexible and adapt to an unpredictable work environment. Candidates will be responsible for helping to manage the editorial quality of multiple award-winning investment newsletters and websites and will have a great opportunity to contribute to an industry leader in the world of investment publishing. We will provide excellent training to the ideal candidates, who will be self-starters who have strong critical-thinking skills, can prioritize tasks and can work quickly without sacrificing quality. And a good sense of humor is essential!
Other essential/desirable traits: Knowledge of proofreading symbols and electronic markup (tracking changes), AP style, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Dreamweaver, HTML, online editing, Web applications.
Here’s what you’ll be responsible for as you’re learning the publishing business from the ground floor…
- Reviewing, fact-checking, editing, and formatting daily, weekly and monthly financial publications, Web content, e-letters and marketing pieces
- Creating and updating special reports and other supplements
- Independent research and problem-solving
- Becoming an expert on the content, voice and audience of multiple publications
- Tracking and updating investment portfolios via Excel and other software
- Performing basic financial calculations and research to verify or update data
- Answering customer questions regarding editorial content
If you are interested in an editorial career with IPM, please email your cover letter, salary requirements and resume, along with three writing/editing samples of varying lengths, to firstname.lastname@example.org. (In the subject line of your email, please reference job code: EA.SM.GR
InvestorPlace Media, LLC is looking for an energetic, flexible, hard working Marketing Manager in our Newsletter Publishing Group.
- Well versed in consumer marketing, email marketing a plus
- Highly creative and able to discern great marketing copy from the mediocre
- Fantastic collaborator—able to work with copywriters, designers and brainstorm in a group setting
- Excellent executor—able to attack the details of bringing an idea to life
- Able to learn quickly and apply lessons learned going forward
- Energized by working in a fast-paced environment that adjusts to market conditions
- Enthusiastic about paving the way for highly successful campaigns and strategies
- Able to research stock stories, market events and other proof elements to support marketing themes
To be considered for this position you must have a college degree and 2-5 years of direct marketing experience which includes budget/results tracking and creative development. You must be extremely detail-oriented, have excellent communications skills and enjoy a team-focused environment. Copywriting experience and general knowledge of the stock market is a big plus!
Please submit resume, cover letter with salary requirements and reference job code: MM.SM.GR
We conduct a pre-employment criminal background check.
Personal relocations only.
We are an equal opportunity employer.