At InvestorPlace Media, we believe that people are our most important asset. Our employees enjoy excellent benefits, competitive salaries, professional development and growth opportunities. So why not consider a career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with opportunities for growth and advancement?
We offer excellent benefits, including:
Health care, dental and vision benefits; employer-paid short- and long-term disability; 401k plan; employer-paid life, supplemental life & AD&D; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care; paid holidays; generous personal days; vacation days; sick leave; employee assistance program; wellness program and more!
And our employees enjoy many company perks such as:
Convenient location near Washingtonian/Rio Center and a short drive from the Shady Grove Metro Station; plenty of free parking; free bagels; free ice cream in the summer; fun morale-boosting events; community service-oriented culture; casual and flexible environment.
How to Apply
To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. Each position has a job code listed within each ad; please reference this job code in the subject line of your email.
InvestorPlace.com is looking for an Assistant Editor with a knack for catching typos, making sure the facts check out and an interest in money and finance.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience editing and posting content to the web, preferably with an eye for SEO and clicky headlines. We use WordPress, but familiarity with a similar CMS is also a plus.
We are a financial news and investing site, but it’s OK if you’re not savvy about stocks yet. We’ll teach you everything about the market and retirement planning – something everyone should know about! – even as we help you hone general digital media skills that will translate across many fields should you not want to work in finance forever.
Here’s what this job at InvestorPlace will mean for the right candidate:
- A chance to hone your web publishing skills, including analytics, search engine optimization and direct e-mail marketing.
- Flexibility to work on longer-term editorial projects and even get bylines in addition to just pushing copy each day.
- An environment that welcomes curiosity, and bosses who will help you pursue whatever you find interesting – even if it winds up being something unexpected, like editing video or copywriting or even tweaking web design.
- A place on an ambitious but snarky team that will see you as a peer and a ping-pong partner, not just a warm body.
- A fair wage, commensurate with experience, and plenty of free pizza and bagels.
If you think you’re the right person for this role, send us your resume and tell us why you’re the right fit. Recent grads with a good work ethic and a sharp mind are welcome to apply.
Please submit resume, cover letter and any applicable writing, headline or editing samples, and reference job code:
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
This is an incredible opportunity to join a well-respected financial publishing company in the Washington D.C. area – specifically, Rockville, MD. Our award winning investment products have a sizeable customer base and we are looking for Customer Service Representatives to provide quality customer service to our valued subscribers. The Customer Service Representatives will need to ensure our customer expectations are met with a high degree of satisfaction. InvestorPlace Media has a 40+ year history of growth and success. We offer great benefits, competitive compensation, convenient location, and stable work environment with a tangible path for advancement.
Our customers are our number one priority and this is a highly responsible position and will report to the Customer Service Supervisor. We are looking for a candidate that is highly adaptive, cheerful and compassionate to delivering world-class support to our customers.
The candidate must have empathy, great listening and learning abilities. Specific required traits for this position are organization, flexibility with schedule and tasks/duties, can-do attitude, and excellent judgment required for handling customer needs.
Some experience in a customer service call center environment is desirable but not necessary. Computer experience is a must – candidates must have some business skills and be able to work efficiently in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and willingness and capabilities for more detailed training in our customer service software platform. We do require a minimum of a High School diploma.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer inbound customer service calls to place orders, process cancels and resolve customer concerns. (Answer approximately 75-100 calls and resolve 20-50 customer emails each day)
- Keep supervisor informed of trending customer issues
- Prepare correspondence (letters and emails)
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Various other tasks as directed by manager.
- People oriented and empathetic
- Problem solver and can make judgment calls with both the customer and company goals in mind
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage several tasks at once
We are serious about investing in talent, and the right candidate will have no barriers to success. We have a friendly culture, plenty of opportunities for professional development and a great team of professionals who thrive on achieving goals!
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line of your email, reference job code: CSR.BM.CS