At InvestorPlace Media, we believe that people are our most important asset. Our employees enjoy excellent benefits, competitive salaries, professional development and growth opportunities. So why not consider a career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with opportunities for growth and advancement?
We offer excellent benefits, including:
Health care, dental and vision benefits; employer-paid short- and long-term disability; 401k plan; employer-paid life, supplemental life & AD&D; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care; paid holidays; generous personal days; vacation days; sick leave; employee assistance program; wellness program and more!
And our employees enjoy many company perks such as:
Convenient location near Washingtonian/Rio Center and a short drive from the Shady Grove Metro Station; plenty of free parking; free bagels; free ice cream in the summer; fun morale-boosting events; community service-oriented culture; casual and flexible environment.
How to Apply
To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Each position has a job code listed within each ad; please reference this job code in the subject line of your email.
Website Product Manager
Are you ready to be in charge of the technology and experience behind one of the web’s premier locations for personal investing advice? We’ve spent the last few years growing our audience (to more than 1.5 million loyal readers every month)….now we’re ready to deliver a first-rate user experience to those readers today, tomorrow, and into the future.
The role is part technologist, part project manager, part user experience expert, part visionary, and entirely instrumental to our company. You won’t likely be coding (we’ve got a domestic, offsite development team in place for that), but instead you’ll be in charge of setting the vision and managing all of the development processes to ensure that we deliver a wonderful experience to the readers of InvestorPlace.com. You’ll report directly to the General Manager, and will be the leader in the technology and deployment of our site. You’ll get the chance to quickly put your stamp on the experience our users have every day.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in product management or development of a custom WordPress site, as well as current trends in front-end development and user experience.
- Able to guide technical development and user experience teams to provide an exceptional, functional, high-performing product across all the devices our readers use – including, increasingly, mobile and tablet.
- Comfortable setting a vision and leading both employees and contractors to deliver against that vision.
- Good at collaborating well with our team while advocating for the user experience of our visitors.
- Adept at gathering business and technical requirements from project stakeholders, communicating those to an offsite development team, and making sure that the projects are delivered according to those requirements.
- Willing to “own” projects from inception to completion. The projects might be small (broken links, adding new ad tags) or large (a complete site re-design)…you’ll own them all.
- Detail-oriented and a motivated self-starter to ensure project delivery and success.
Education and work experience
- At least five years of experience, with the clear progression in responsibilities and attainment that’s hallmark of a top-tier technology leader.
- There’s lots of ways to get good at this stuff, so we won’t worry too much if your degree is in art history or whether you’re a computer scientist who started coding at age three. If you have a demonstrated history of designing and delivering engaging and excellent experiences on the web, your specific degree just doesn’t matter to us. Ideally, you’ll have been hands-on with code at some point in your career.
- Site redesign experience is required.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. Please reference this job code in the subject line of your email: WPM.AT.IP.
SEO Content Manager
InvestorPlace.com, a financial news website, is seeking a digital native who is an expert in SEO.
This senior-level role is responsible for maximizing traffic to InvestorPlace.com from search, so knowledge of web analytics and SEO best practices is crucial. The ideal candidate knows the right web architecture to maximize search traffic, but also has 3+ years of experience in a daily content environment.
After all, we want our main pages to rank highly in search, but also publish 60+ articles each day that should each be optimized for SEO.
- Monitor daily search trends in Google Analytics
- Identify the best keywords to “chase” with new content
- Optimize existing category pages, and identify opportunities for new ones
- Craft a best practices document for content and train editors/writers on SEO tactics
- Prioritize terms that meet our core mission of providing “actionable” financial content
- Use social media strategy in cooperation with SEO strategy
- A willingness to be agile and responsible as things change based on the data and our goals
Please submit resume and cover letter – reference job code: SEO.EH.GR
If you are passionate about investing, the stock market and the financial arena, or if you have a strong interest in learning from the editorial pros in this high-energy market, then read on to find out how your editorial/journalism career can take off and grow with one of the leaders in the multimedia financial publishing marketplace.
What We’re Looking for…
An IPM editorial career can be demanding, so we’re looking for people who are energetic and want to learn and grow with us. We have an excellent track record of providing exceptional careers paths and compensation to those who work hard and prove themselves.
Ideal candidates will be detail- and deadline-oriented and have a B.A. in journalism, communications or a related field. We’re looking for ambitious recent college graduates or professionals with a few years of experience who have excellent persuasive writing, editing/proofreading and interpersonal skills and can be flexible and adapt to an unpredictable work environment. Candidates will be responsible for helping to manage the editorial quality of multiple award-winning investment newsletters and websites and will have a great opportunity to contribute to an industry leader in the world of investment publishing. We will provide excellent training to the ideal candidates, who will be self-starters who have strong critical-thinking skills, can prioritize tasks and can work quickly without sacrificing quality. And a good sense of humor is essential!
Other essential/desirable traits: Knowledge of proofreading symbols and electronic markup (tracking changes), AP style, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Dreamweaver, HTML, online editing, Web applications.
Here’s what you’ll be responsible for as you’re learning the publishing business from the ground floor…
- Reviewing, fact-checking, editing, and formatting daily, weekly and monthly financial publications, Web content, e-letters and marketing pieces
- Creating and updating special reports and other supplements
- Independent research and problem-solving
- Becoming an expert on the content, voice and audience of multiple publications
- Tracking and updating investment portfolios via Excel and other software
- Performing basic financial calculations and research to verify or update data
- Answering customer questions regarding editorial content
If you are interested in an editorial career with IPM, please email your cover letter, salary requirements and resume, along with three writing/editing samples of varying lengths, to firstname.lastname@example.org. (In the subject line of your email, please reference job code: EA.SM.GR
InvestorPlace Media, LLC is looking for an energetic, flexible, hard working Marketing Manager in our Newsletter Publishing Group.
- Well versed in consumer marketing, email marketing a plus
- Highly creative and able to discern great marketing copy from the mediocre
- Fantastic collaborator—able to work with copywriters, designers and brainstorm in a group setting
- Excellent executor—able to attack the details of bringing an idea to life
- Able to learn quickly and apply lessons learned going forward
- Energized by working in a fast-paced environment that adjusts to market conditions
- Enthusiastic about paving the way for highly successful campaigns and strategies
- Able to research stock stories, market events and other proof elements to support marketing themes
To be considered for this position you must have a college degree and 2-5 years of direct marketing experience which includes budget/results tracking and creative development. You must be extremely detail-oriented, have excellent communications skills and enjoy a team-focused environment. Copywriting experience and general knowledge of the stock market is a big plus!
Please submit resume, cover letter with salary requirements and reference job code: MM.SM.GR
We conduct a pre-employment criminal background check.
Personal relocations only.
We are an equal opportunity employer.