At InvestorPlace Media our employees enjoy excellent benefits, competitive salaries, professional development and growth opportunities. We have great team camaraderie and enjoy a variety of events to interact, from social events to round tables and team events. So why not consider a career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with opportunities for growth and advancement?
We offer excellent benefits, including:
Health care, dental and vision benefits; employer-paid short- and long-term disability; 401k plan; employer-paid life, supplemental life & AD&D; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care; paid holidays; generous personal days; vacation days; sick leave; employee assistance program; and more!
And our employees enjoy many company perks such as:
Convenient location near Washingtonian/Rio Center, Fallsgrove and Downtown Crown – and a short drive from the Shady Grove Metro Station; plenty of free parking; fun morale-boosting events – both team and company wide; community service-oriented culture; casual and flexible environment.
If you’d like to apply for a position to join the IPM team, please take a look at our open positions and read on as to how to apply!
How to Apply
External Candidates: To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Each position has a job code listed within each ad; please reference this job code in the subject line of your email.
Internal Candidates: Please contact Human Resources if you are interested in this position.
At this time we are currently hiring for the following:
InvestorPlace Media is seeking an assertive financial professional whose primary role will be to provide financial analysis to support the executive management team. This is an exciting career opportunity for someone with superior problem solving skills that thrives on juggling multiple responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Management of the annual budgeting process, including hands-on involvement during the build process.
- Preparation of short-term and long-term forecasts in conjunction with other managers.
- Prepare budget vs. actual reporting and investigate material variances, key performance indicators, trends/key drivers, etc.
- Prepare monthly operating reports for distribution to Senior Management
- Ad hoc analysis of products and services to assist management with optimizing company performance.
- Interface with commercial banks on cash management issues. Maintain the day-to-day cash management of the company, including daily cash position reporting.
- Support covenant reporting under current bank agreement, current bank model maintenance and miscellaneous financial analysis.
- Support the daily activities and maintenance of the company’s insurance program: review adequacy of coverage, annual insurance renewal process, execution of certificates of insurance, notification of claims, etc.
- Support monthly financial close and year-end audit process.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of previous financial analysis experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills. Excel macro development & VBA editing strongly desired.
- Independently motivated, a collaborative teammate with an affinity for adapting to different situations and personalities.
- Attention to detail and a strong desire to know the story behind the numbers.
We are unable to provide relocation for the position, local residents or personal relocations only. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Please use Job Code: FA.JE.GR in the subject line of your email submission.
If you are passionate about investing, the stock market and the financial arena, or if you have a strong interest in learning from the editorial pros in this high-energy market, then read on to find out how your editorial/journalism career can take off and grow with one of the leaders in the multimedia financial publishing marketplace.
What We’re Looking for…
An IPM editorial career can be demanding, so we’re looking for people who are energetic and want to learn and grow with us. We have an excellent track record of providing exceptional careers paths and compensation to those who work hard and prove themselves.
Ideal candidates will be detail- and deadline-oriented and have a B.A. in journalism, communications or a related field. We’re looking for ambitious recent college graduates or professionals with a few years of experience who have excellent persuasive writing, editing/proofreading and interpersonal skills and can be flexible and adapt to an unpredictable work environment. Candidates will be responsible for helping to manage the editorial quality of multiple award-winning investment newsletters and websites and will have a great opportunity to contribute to an industry leader in the world of investment publishing. We will provide excellent training to the ideal candidates, who will be self-starters who have strong critical-thinking skills, can prioritize tasks and can work quickly without sacrificing quality. And a good sense of humor is essential!
Other essential/desirable traits: Knowledge of proofreading symbols and electronic markup (tracking changes), AP style, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Dreamweaver, HTML, online editing, Web applications.
Here’s what you’ll be responsible for as you’re learning the publishing business from the ground floor…
- Reviewing, fact-checking, editing, and formatting daily, weekly and monthly financial publications, Web content, e-letters and marketing pieces
- Creating and updating special reports and other supplements
- Independent research and problem-solving
- Becoming an expert on the content, voice and audience of multiple publications
- Tracking and updating investment portfolios via Excel and other software
- Performing basic financial calculations and research to verify or update data
- Answering customer questions regarding editorial content
If you are interested in an editorial career with IPM, please email your cover letter, salary requirements and resume, along with three writing/editing samples of varying lengths, to email@example.com. (In the subject line of your email, please reference job code: ED.SM.NAV). Personal Relocations Only.