At InvestorPlace Media, we believe that people are our most important asset. Our employees enjoy excellent benefits, competitive salaries, professional development and growth opportunities. So why not consider a career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with opportunities for growth and advancement?
We offer excellent benefits, including:
Health care, dental and vision benefits; employer-paid short- and long-term disability; 401k plan; employer-paid life, supplemental life & AD&D; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care; paid holidays; generous personal days; vacation days; sick leave; employee assistance program; wellness program and more!
And our employees enjoy many company perks such as:
Convenient location near Washingtonian/Rio Center and a short drive from the Shady Grove Metro Station; plenty of free parking; free bagels; free ice cream in the summer; fun morale-boosting events; community service-oriented culture; casual and flexible environment.
How to Apply
To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Each position has a job code listed within each ad; please reference this job code in the subject line of your email.
Digital Advertising Account Manager
The ideal candidate for this Digital Advertising Account Manager position will hit the ground running managing and building upon the relationships we have in place with big-brand agencies and both finance-endemic and non-endemic brands to reach the 1.5MM unique visitors who visit our site each month. Our advertisers rely on InvestorPlace.com to reach the most premium finance audience on the web (highest HHI, portfolio size, and propensity to trade of any finance site) You will be responsible for developing media and audience strategy (via display, native ads, dedicated emails, e-letters, and other digital media); building innovative digital media plans; and working with our editorial and advertising operations teams to ensure delivery against our advertising clients’ commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in digital media planning, buying and/or campaign management
- Ability to research, plan, buy, optimize and report on digital media using comScore
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Advanced Excel knowledge (i.e., pivot tables) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent, active listening skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and the strong desire to do whatever it takes to make sure that we deliver for our advertisers
- Develop media plans to address advertiser requirements. Deliver creative and practical digital media services that address and seek to achieve client business and marketing goals
- Successfully launch new advertising campaigns
- Analyze, benchmark, and report campaign performance
- Pre- and post-sales support to the advertising sales team
- Conduct quality assurance on campaign deliverables
- Grow existing advertising client relationships
- Do what it takes to ensure that we continue to gain new advertisers and that existing advertisers remain happy with the performance we provide.
Please send your resume and cover letter and reference job code: DADM.AT.IP in subject line of your email.
InvestorPlace.com is looking for a Managing Editor guide day-to-day operations of our financial news and investing website, and also steer it into the future.
The ideal candidate has newsroom experience and can ensure we are responsive to the headlines of the day, but also a strong manager who can wrangle our team of about six full time employees and two dozen freelancers.
- Coordinating breaking news coverage, mainly around economic data and corporate earnings
- Maintaining regular use and re-use of “evergreen” articles and standing editorial features
- Optimizing our current e-newsletters and launching new ones when needed
- Maintaining a weekly, monthly and even a year-long editorial calendar for longer-term projects and editorial initiatives
- Managing and growing our stable of freelance writers, including managing the monthly editorial budget and invoicing process
- Coordinating with subscription newsletter partners on content-driven selling efforts on the site, as well as content-driven marketing efforts to gather new leads
- Managing content partnerships, including both third-party work published on our site and syndication of InvestorPlace work elsewhere
- Experimenting with new content categories or editorial efforts that can help our site continue its growth.
A working knowledge of finance and the stock market is a must-have, since you will be training junior editors about ETFs and 10-Ks. Also crucial is a head for SEO data and web analytics in order to properly assess what content works and identify new opportunities to explore.
And to top it off, you’ll need a can-do spirit and proficiency with digital media in all forms, because as a small team even the Managing Editor will have to get in the trenches and post stories in WordPress or tweak the HTML for an occasional e-newsletter.
The good news is that while we work hard at InvestorPlace, we play hard, too. The ability to forward the best Onion articles to co-workers or taunt them over a game of ping pong is a big plus – both for you, and for us.
We also aren’t stingy when it comes to rewarding our best employees for a job well done.
This is a senior editing position, complete with competitive pay and a lot of flexibility to try new things and truly manage your own team. We like to explore new things and take chances, so this is the perfect opportunity for a stock market junkie who wants to be part of financial media’s future.
Please submit resume and cover letter and reference job code: ME.JR.IP
Website Product Manager
Are you ready to be in charge of the technology and experience behind one of the web’s premier locations for personal investing advice? We’ve spent the last few years growing our audience (to more than 1.5 million loyal readers every month)….now we’re ready to deliver a first-rate user experience to those readers today, tomorrow, and into the future.
The role is part technologist, part project manager, part user experience expert, part visionary, and entirely instrumental to our company. You won’t likely be coding (we’ve got a domestic, offsite development team in place for that), but instead you’ll be in charge of setting the vision and managing all of the development processes to ensure that we deliver a wonderful experience to the readers of InvestorPlace.com. You’ll report directly to the General Manager, and will be the leader in the technology and deployment of our site. You’ll get the chance to quickly put your stamp on the experience our users have every day.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in product management or development of a custom WordPress site, as well as current trends in front-end development and user experience.
- Able to guide technical development and user experience teams to provide an exceptional, functional, high-performing product across all the devices our readers use – including, increasingly, mobile and tablet.
- Comfortable setting a vision and leading both employees and contractors to deliver against that vision.
- Good at collaborating well with our team while advocating for the user experience of our visitors.
- Adept at gathering business and technical requirements from project stakeholders, communicating those to an offsite development team, and making sure that the projects are delivered according to those requirements.
- Willing to “own” projects from inception to completion. The projects might be small (broken links, adding new ad tags) or large (a complete site re-design)…you’ll own them all.
- Detail-oriented and a motivated self-starter to ensure project delivery and success.
Education and work experience
- At least five years of experience, with the clear progression in responsibilities and attainment that’s hallmark of a top-tier technology leader.
- There’s lots of ways to get good at this stuff, so we won’t worry too much if your degree is in art history or whether you’re a computer scientist who started coding at age three. If you have a demonstrated history of designing and delivering engaging and excellent experiences on the web, your specific degree just doesn’t matter to us. Ideally, you’ll have been hands-on with code at some point in your career.
- Site redesign experience is required.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. Please reference this job code in the subject line of your email: WPM.AT.IP.
We are an equal opportunity employer.