At InvestorPlace Media, we believe that people are our most important asset. Our employees enjoy excellent benefits, competitive salaries, professional development and growth opportunities. So why not consider a career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with opportunities for growth and advancement?
We offer excellent benefits, including:
Health care, dental and vision benefits; employer-paid short- and long-term disability; 401k plan; employer-paid life, supplemental life & AD&D; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care; paid holidays; generous personal days; vacation days; sick leave; employee assistance program; wellness program and more!
And our employees enjoy many company perks such as:
Convenient location near Washingtonian/Rio Center and a short drive from the Shady Grove Metro Station; plenty of free parking; free bagels; free ice cream in the summer; fun morale-boosting events; community service-oriented culture; casual and flexible environment.
How to Apply
To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Each position has a job code listed within each ad; please reference this job code in the subject line of your email.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR
This is an incredible opportunity to join our well-respected financial publishing company. Our award winning investment products have a sizable customer base and we are looking for a Customer Service Supervisor to provide daily leadership to customer service staff. The Customer Service Supervisor will need to manage representatives and ensure our customer expectations are met with a high degree of satisfaction. InvestorPlace Media has a 40+ year history of growth and success. We offer great benefits, competitive compensation, convenient location, and stable work environment with a tangible path for advancement.
Our customers are our number one priority, and this is a highly responsible position and will report to the Director of Customer Service. Specific required traits for this position are efficiency expert, flexibility with schedule and tasks/duties, and excellent judgment required for handling customer needs, and planning and accomplishing team goals.
Ideal candidate will have at least 4-6+ years of experience in the call center/customer service field. Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and have the ability to handle several priorities at once as well as direct the work of others. We do require a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a business related field or related experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Route all inbound customer service emails to various queues for agents to answer
- Closely monitor call volume and email volume to reassign resources as required to ensure prompt response
- Perform higher access required tasks in the database such as data entry audits, consolidations, and orders/account cleanups
- Be available to the agents to provide support in the moment or to handle escalated customer situations
- Provide performance feedback to agents to facilitate growth
- Various other tasks as directed by their manager
- Can rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Detail oriented
- Excellent problem solver and can make judgment calls with both the customer and company goals in mind
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage several priorities at once as well as direct the work of others
We are serious about investing in talent, and the right candidate will have no barriers to success. We have a friendly culture, plenty of opportunities for professional development and a great team of professionals who thrive on achieving goals!
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and in the subject line of your email, reference job code: CSS.CP.CS
ASSISTANT MANAGING EDITOR
InvestorPlace.com is looking for an Assistant Managing Editor to help lead the day-to-day operations of one of the top financial destinations on the Web.
We need someone with a strong editorial background who is comfortable working with a stable of freelance writers. Knowledge of the stock market is preferred, but we’ll take on someone willing to learn so long as they are intellectually curious and have a good work ethic.
The ideal candidate has experience:
- Working with freelancers to ensure assignments are delivered on time and published without errors.
- Personally editing and posting several stories daily in a WordPress-based CMS.
- Coordinating news coverage around economic data and corporate events.
- Writing stories with an eye for SEO.
- Tweaking homepages and headlines to optimize clicks.
- Building new relationships with other websites to share content.
- Monitoring performance in Google Analytics and identifying web traffic trends.
- Planning editorial features, developing tools and thinking about premium web content.
- Using social media to connect with a targeted audience.
This is the perfect position for someone looking to advance in digital media by stepping up into a management role. We are eager to give the right candidate a lot of responsibility and professional development, and there is tremendous upside at InvestorPlace for anyone who proves their stuff.
While we work hard at InvestorPlace, we play hard, too. The ability to forward the best Onion articles to co-workers or taunt them over a game of ping pong is a big plus – both for you, and for us. Free bagels and pizza throughout the month are just a few perks of the job. Find out more about us by visiting InvestorPlace.com, Employment.
Please send your resume and cover letter and reference job code: AME.KW.IP
We are looking for a Publishing Assistant to join our fast-paced publishing team. This is an excellent entry level career opportunity with excellent growth potential into a number of our publishing areas – primarily marketing and editorial. Recent college graduates will find this especially appealing as there is training from the ground floor and exposure to many areas of our profitable business. Someone who desires potential to learn and grown within a challenging and rewarding environment will thrive in our company!
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
The Publishing Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the daily marketing and editorial operations of our online investment publications. The daily duties will include: key coding, HTML coding, uploading content to our websites, copy editing, and working with a great team of dedicated employees who welcome the opportunity to work with a new team member.
- Must be a logical thinker
- Quick learning capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer savvy – Microsoft office skills at bare minimum
- Self-starter but someone who can take direction well
- Ideal candidate is early in his/her career and is looking for entry into a dynamic organization that takes pride in its entrepreneurial culture and long history of providing growth opportunities for employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business or related field
Send resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements. Please reference job code: PA.ROL.PUB in the email subject line and cover letter.
InvestorPlace.com is looking for an Assistant Editor with a knack for catching typos, making sure the facts check out and an interest in money and finance.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience editing and posting content to the web, preferably with an eye for SEO and clicky headlines. We use WordPress, but familiarity with a similar CMS is also a plus.
We are a financial news and investing site, but it’s OK if you’re not savvy about stocks. We’ll teach you everything about the market and retirement planning – something everyone should know about! – even as we help you hone general digital media skills that will translate across many fields should you not want to work in finance forever.
Here’s what this job at InvestorPlace will mean for the right candidate:
- A chance to hone your web publishing skills, including analytics, search engine optimization and direct e-mail marketing
- Flexibility to work on longer-term editorial projects and even get bylines in addition to just pushing copy each day
- An environment that welcomes curiosity, and bosses who will help you pursue whatever you find interesting – even if it winds up being something unexpected, like editing video or copywriting or even tweaking web design.
- A place on an ambitious but snarky team that will see you as a peer and a ping-pong partner, not just a warm body
- A fair wage, commensurate with experience, and plenty of free pizza and bagels.If you think you’re the right person for this role, send us your resume and tell us why you’re the right fit.
Recent grads with a good work ethic and a sharp mind are welcome to apply.
Please submit resume, cover letter and any applicable writing, headline or editing samples, and reference job code: AE.KW.IP
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly visible position with great growth potential for those interested in a career in the financial services industry.
Ideal candidate will have at least 5-7 years of experience working on rapidly changing deadlines with excellent writing and interpersonal skills. Candidate will be responsible for directing the editorial quality of our award-winning investment newsletters and websites while developing, mentoring and managing a small team of editors. He/she will have a great opportunity to contribute to an industry leader in the fast-paced world of investment publishing. In addition to editing daily, weekly and monthly newsletter content, reports and marketing materials, the Managing Editor will perform research, maintain/audit online portfolios and must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills. There will be extensive ongoing interaction with senior investment advisors, financial, marketing and print production staff as well as freelance writers and outside vendors intrinsic to this role.
Candidates must possess advanced interpersonal skills and be effective and persuasive communicators. Outstanding writing and editing skills are a requirement. Experience with Dreamweaver, InDesign and HTML is extremely helpful. A background reflecting daily digital publishing, preferably WordPress-based, and a passion for Wall Street, economic data and financial news, a must.
We are serious about investing in talent, and the right candidate will have no barriers to success. We offer competitive salary and benefits, opportunities for professional development and a great team of professionals who thrive on achieving goals!
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter and in the subject line of your email, reference job code: ME.AL.PUB