At InvestorPlace Media our employees enjoy excellent benefits, competitive salaries, professional development and growth opportunities. We have great team camaraderie and enjoy a variety of events to interact, from social events to round tables and team events. So why not consider a career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with opportunities for growth and advancement?
We offer excellent benefits, including:
Health care, dental and vision benefits; employer-paid short- and long-term disability; 401k plan; employer-paid life, supplemental life & AD&D; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care; paid holidays; generous personal days; vacation days; sick leave; employee assistance program; and more!
And our employees enjoy many company perks such as:
Convenient location near Washingtonian/Rio Center, Fallsgrove and Downtown Crown – and a short drive from the Shady Grove Metro Station; plenty of free parking; fun morale-boosting events – both team and company wide; community service-oriented culture; casual and flexible environment.
If you’d like to apply for a position to join the IPM team, please take a look at our open positions and read on as to how to apply!
How to Apply
External Candidates: To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. Each position has a job code listed within each ad; please reference this job code in the subject line of your email.
Internal Candidates: Please contact Human Resources if you are interested in this position.
At this time we are currently hiring for the following:
WEB APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER
We are searching for a Web Applications Developer to join our Technology Team. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Developer to step in to a great environment, and continue to learn and grow. This position is specifically responsible for developing and maintaining the different in-house tools at IPM while also working with our web team to help with our subscriber websites. We have a relaxed, casual atmosphere. Someone who desires opportunities within a challenging and rewarding environment will thrive in our company!
We’re considering candidates that enjoy problem solving, ability to work independently but also in teamwork environment, and all the necessary technical experience outlined below. Our environment is fast paced and our development team is collaborative, well respected and top notch so we’re looking for a good fit with skill set, communications and work ethic. You’ll have an opportunity to solve short-term problems while also working on longer-term projects. The Web Applications Developer will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining the different in-house tools
- Writing code to solve programming problems
- Work with data parsing, storage and usage
- Periodically assisting the web team with development and maintenance of subscriber web sites
- B.S. in Computer Science
- A minimum of 2-3 years working in a LAMP environment with strong skill in PHP and MySQL.
- Comfort working from the command line with shell scripts
- Experience interacting with existing APIs
- Ability to read others’ code and understand different coding styles.
- High productivity is an absolute must
- Familiarity with the full lifecycle of application development
- Must be energetic, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, sharp, reliable, and a service-oriented team player with strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, work independently, quick learner, be self-motivated and have effective and professional communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Perl
- A basic familiarity with the stock market
Please submit resume and cover letter and reference job code: WAP.RM.DEV
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
This is an incredible opportunity to join a well-respected financial publishing company in the Washington D.C. area – specifically, Rockville, MD. Our award winning investment products have a sizeable customer base and we are looking for Customer Service Representatives to provide quality customer service to our valued subscribers. The Customer Service Representatives will need to ensure our customer expectations are met with a high degree of satisfaction. InvestorPlace Media has a 40+ year history of growth and success. We offer great benefits, competitive compensation, convenient location, and stable work environment with a tangible path for advancement.
Our customers are our number one priority and this is a highly responsible position and will report to the Customer Service Supervisor. We are looking for a candidate that is highly adaptive, cheerful and compassionate to delivering world-class support to our customers.
The candidate must have empathy, great listening and learning abilities. Specific required traits for this position are organization, flexibility with schedule and tasks/duties, can-do attitude, and excellent judgment required for handling customer needs.
Some experience in a customer service call center environment is desirable but not necessary. Computer experience is a must – candidates must have some business skills and be able to work efficiently in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and willingness and capabilities for more detailed training in our customer service software platform. We do require a minimum of a High School diploma.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer inbound customer service calls to place orders, process cancels and resolve customer concerns. (Answer approximately 75-100 calls and resolve 20-50 customer emails each day)
- Keep supervisor informed of trending customer issues
- Prepare correspondence (letters and emails)
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Various other tasks as directed by manager.
- People oriented and empathetic
- Problem solver and can make judgment calls with both the customer and company goals in mind
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage several tasks at once
We are serious about investing in talent, and the right candidate will have no barriers to success. We have a friendly culture, plenty of opportunities for professional development and a great team of professionals who thrive on achieving goals!
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line of your email, reference job code: CSR.SR.TA