At InvestorPlace Media, we believe that people are our most important asset. Our employees enjoy excellent benefits, competitive salaries, professional development and growth opportunities. So why not consider a career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with opportunities for growth and advancement?
We offer excellent benefits, including:
Health care, dental and vision benefits; employer-paid short- and long-term disability; 401k plan; employer-paid life, supplemental life & AD&D; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care; paid holidays; generous personal days; vacation days; sick leave; employee assistance program; wellness program and more!
And our employees enjoy many company perks such as:
Convenient location near Washingtonian/Rio Center and a short drive from the Shady Grove Metro Station; plenty of free parking; free bagels; free ice cream in the summer; fun morale-boosting events; community service-oriented culture; casual and flexible environment.
How to Apply
To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Each position has a job code listed within each ad; please reference this job code in the subject line of your email.
InvestorPlace Media is looking for an energetic, flexible, hardworking Marketing Copywriter for our Publishing Group. We have a 35+ year history of growth and success and offer great benefits, convenient location, casual environment and great opportunity for advancement.
- Well-versed in consumer marketing; email marketing and writing experience a must
- Highly creative, convincing, and versatile copywriting skills
- Fantastic collaborator—ability to work seamlessly with publisher, other marketing professionals, graphic designers, and editors to brainstorm in a group setting
- Excellent executor—able to attack the details of bringing an idea to life and carrying it to fruition in a quick-turnaround fashion
- Able to learn quickly and apply lessons learned going forward
- Energized by working in a fluid professional setting that must rapidly adjust to changes in financial market conditions
- Ability to analyze and interpret marketing campaign results in order to refine and improve ensuing efforts
- Enthusiasm for paving the way for highly successful campaigns and strategies
- Ability to research stock stories, market events and other proof elements to support marketing themes
- Experience writing compliant materials and working with compliance lawyers a plus
To be considered for this position you must have a college degree and 2-5 years of direct marketing experience which includes creative development and budget/results tracking. You must be extremely detail-oriented, have excellent communication skills and thrive in a team-focused environment. Dreamweaver experience and general knowledge of money management products and services is a big plus!
Please submit resume and cover letter and reference job code:
MC.SM.PUB in the subject line of your email submission.
If you are passionate about investing, the stock market and the financial arena, or if you have a strong interest in learning from the editorial pros in this high-energy market, then read on to find out how your editorial/journalism career can take off and grow with one of the leaders in the multimedia financial publishing marketplace.
What We’re Looking for…
An IPM editorial career can be demanding, so we’re looking for people who are energetic and want to learn and grow with us. We have an excellent track record of providing exceptional careers paths and compensation to those who work hard and prove themselves.
Ideal candidates will be detail- and deadline-oriented and have a B.A. in journalism, communications or a related field. We’re looking for ambitious recent college graduates or professionals with a few years of experience who have excellent persuasive writing, editing/proofreading and interpersonal skills and can be flexible and adapt to an unpredictable work environment. Candidates will be responsible for helping to manage the editorial quality of multiple award-winning investment newsletters and websites and will have a great opportunity to contribute to an industry leader in the world of investment publishing. We will provide excellent training to the ideal candidates, who will be self-starters who have strong critical-thinking skills, can prioritize tasks and can work quickly without sacrificing quality. And a good sense of humor is essential!
Other essential/desirable traits: Knowledge of proofreading symbols and electronic markup (tracking changes), AP style, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Dreamweaver, HTML, online editing, Web applications.
Here’s what you’ll be responsible for as you’re learning the publishing business from the ground floor…
- Reviewing, fact-checking, editing, and formatting daily, weekly and monthly financial publications, Web content, e-letters and marketing pieces
- Creating and updating special reports and other supplements
- Independent research and problem-solving
- Becoming an expert on the content, voice and audience of multiple publications
- Tracking and updating investment portfolios via Excel and other software
- Performing basic financial calculations and research to verify or update data
- Answering customer questions regarding editorial content
If you are interested in an editorial career with IPM, please email your cover letter, salary requirements and resume, along with three writing/editing samples of varying lengths, to email@example.com. (In the subject line of your email, please reference job code: EA.SM.NPG
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
This is an incredible opportunity to join a well-respected financial publishing company in the Washington D.C. area – specifically, Rockville, MD. Our award winning investment products have a sizeable customer base and we are looking for Customer Service Representatives to provide quality customer service to our valued subscribers. The Customer Service Representatives will need to ensure our customer expectations are met with a high degree of satisfaction. InvestorPlace Media has a 40+ year history of growth and success. We offer great benefits, competitive compensation, convenient location, and stable work environment with a tangible path for advancement.
Our customers are our number one priority and this is a highly responsible position and will report to the Customer Service Supervisor. We are looking for a candidate that is highly adaptive, cheerful and compassionate to delivering world-class support to our customers.
The candidate must have empathy, great listening and learning abilities. Specific required traits for this position are organization, flexibility with schedule and tasks/duties, can-do attitude, and excellent judgment required for handling customer needs.
Some experience in a customer service call center environment is desirable but not necessary. Computer experience is a must – candidates must have some business skills and be able to work efficiently in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and willingness and capabilities for more detailed training in our customer service software platform. We do require a minimum of a High School diploma.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer inbound customer service calls to place orders, process cancels and resolve customer concerns. (Answer approximately 75-100 calls and resolve 20-50 customer emails each day)
- Keep supervisor informed of trending customer issues
- Prepare correspondence (letters and emails)
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Various other tasks as directed by manager.
- People oriented and empathetic
- Problem solver and can make judgment calls with both the customer and company goals in mind
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage several tasks at once
We are serious about investing in talent, and the right candidate will have no barriers to success. We have a friendly culture, plenty of opportunities for professional development and a great team of professionals who thrive on achieving goals!
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line of your email, reference job code: CSR.TM.CS
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly visible position with great growth potential for those interested in a career in the financial services industry.
Ideal candidate will have at least 5-7 years of experience working on rapidly changing deadlines with excellent writing and interpersonal skills. Candidate will be responsible for directing the editorial quality of our award-winning investment newsletters and websites while developing, mentoring and managing a small team of editors. He/she will have a great opportunity to contribute to an industry leader in the fast-paced world of investment publishing. In addition to editing daily, weekly and monthly newsletter content, reports and marketing materials, the Managing Editor will perform research, maintain/audit online portfolios and must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills. There will be extensive ongoing interaction with senior investment advisors, financial, marketing and print production staff as well as freelance writers and outside vendors intrinsic to this role.
Candidates must possess advanced interpersonal skills and be effective and persuasive communicators. Outstanding writing and editing skills are a requirement. Experience with Dreamweaver, InDesign and HTML is extremely helpful. A background reflecting daily digital publishing, preferably WordPress-based, and a passion for Wall Street, economic data and financial news, a must.
We are serious about investing in talent, and the right candidate will have no barriers to success. We offer competitive salary and benefits, opportunities for professional development and a great team of professionals who thrive on achieving goals!
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter and in the subject line of your email, reference job code: ME.AL.PUB