July 23, 2013 at 10:30 am

Trader

Is anyone trading a crude-oil play, and how are they going about it? I thought the easiest way was a bullish trade on American crude, but now that the WTI/Brent crude oil spread is next to nothing, I’m not so sure. (Saw a MarketWatch article saying it could go back up but only to $5-$10…who knows.)

July 24, 2013 at 11:35 am

Trader

I’d also like to know how one would play the rising price of crude. Are there any ETFs etc. that benefit from higher oil prices? And do traders prefer to play crude oil when it is rising or falling?

July 25, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Trader

ETF : USO Not a lot of option action on it though. Doesn’t matter up or down, you play what is in front of you, not what one wants to see.

July 26, 2013 at 9:59 am

Trader

Thanks chitownman! Yeah that definitely sounds like the kind of thing I’m looking for — just a play on what the sector is giving me, not my own ideas about oil prices. (Even though I guess everyone has their own opinion when it comes to those, right?)

July 29, 2013 at 1:32 am

Trader

Prefer UCO and SCO. Make sure you understand the daily slippage in these ETF’s since they are really designed for day trading. SCO is our favorite for shorting crude. made us a lot of money last week on oil’s move from 108′s to 104′s due to the 2X nature of SCO.

http://crudeoiltrader.blogspot.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.