Congress Far Less Popular Than Brussels Sprouts, Lice
by Nate Wooley | January 9, 2013 10:23 am
A new set of polls from research firm Public Policy Polling shows — surprise, surprise! — that Congress isn’t really all that popular.
The polls, which PPP detailed in a release this week, illustrate just how unpopular Congress has become with the American people. Congress has just a 9% favorability rating with those polled, and an 85% unfavorability rating.
That sounds bad, but it’s even worse in context.
PPP also polled people to pit Congress’ favorability against other things. Here are some results:
- Lice 67%, Congress 19%
- Traffic jams 56%, Congress 34%
- Brussels sprouts 69%, Congress 23%
- NFL replacement refs 56%, Congress 29%
- Nickelback 39%, Congress 32%
- Colonoscopies 58%, Congress 31%
Not everything is bad for Congress, though. According to the polling results, the men and women on Capitol Hill still are more popular than Lindsay Lohan, telemarketers and meth labs.
View the full results here at the PPP website.
The opinions contained in this column are solely those of the writer.
Want to share your own views on money, politics and the 2012 elections? Drop us a line at email@example.com and we might reprint your views in our InvestorPolitics blog! Please include your name, city and state of residence. All letters submitted to this address will be considered for publication.
More stories about government:
- Trillion Dollar Coins: Solution to the Debt Ceiling Crisis
- Scaled-Back Sandy Aid Bill Signed By Obama
- Obama Needs to Walk the Line With Cabinet Picks
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/NewLetters.jpg
- pit Congress’ favorability against other things: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/01/congress-somewhere-below-cockroaches-traffic-jams-and-nickleback-in-americans-esteem.html
- View the full results here at the PPP website: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/01/congress-somewhere-below-cockroaches-traffic-jams-and-nickleback-in-americans-esteem.html
- Trillion Dollar Coins: Solution to the Debt Ceiling Crisis: http://investorplace.com/investorpolitics/trillion-dollar-coins-solution-to-the-debt-ceiling-crisis/
- Scaled-Back Sandy Aid Bill Signed By Obama: http://investorplace.com/investorpolitics/scaled-back-sandy-aid-bill-signed-by-obama/
- Obama Needs to Walk the Line With Cabinet Picks: http://investorplace.com/investorpolitics/obama-needs-to-walk-the-line-with-cabinet-picks/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/investorpolitics/congress-far-less-popular-than-brussels-sprouts-lice/
Short URL: http://investorplace.com/?p=288161
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.