President Donald Trump has signed a visa executive order.
Here are six things you should know about it:
- It will investigate those who commit fraud or abuse the visa system.
- The move is designed to protect U.S. workers, Trump said as he spoke at the Snap-On Tools in Kenosha.
- The move follow Trump’s campaign decision to “Buy American, Hire American.”
- Some of the people who will be affected negatively by the move are those who take the jobs of U.S. workers from abroad for less money.
- “This historic action declares that the policy of our government is to progressively promote and use American-made goods and to ensure that American labor is hired to do the job,” added Trump.
- He said that the move will send a signal to the world in which this country puts Americans first.
What do you think about the President’s new bill?
The opinions contained in this column are solely those of the writer.
Want to share your own views on money and politics? Drop us a line at email@example.com and we might reprint your views in our InvestorPolitics blog! Please include your name, city and state of residence. All letters submitted to this address will be considered for publication.