Canada Goose kicked off its initial public offering with a bang.
Here are 10 things you should know about the IPO:
- The seller of crafty and expensive jackets went public on Thursday.
- It was an incredible beginning for Canada Goose as shares roared 40% from its initial price.
- The stock traded in both the New York Stock Exchange and Canada.
- Its price offering opened at C$17, or $12.78 in the NYSE. It opened at $18 on the NYSE before cooling off.
- The company is valued at roughly $2 billion.
- The jackets offered by the company are quite pricey, coming in at $1,000 for adults and $450 for kids.
- The first nine months of the current fiscal year have been great for Canada Goose as sales have increased more than 40% compared to the first nine months of the previous year.
- It is also a profitable company as earnings were 26% better compared to the previous year’s financial results.
- Despite the fact that we are nearing the start of the spring, the company got off to a hot start in sales as it went public due to the fact that blistering, cold temperatures hit across the U.S., prompting many to buy one of its jackets to keep warm.
- Animal rights activist group PETA will invest in the company in order to have a voice regarding Canada Goose’s use of goose and coyote fur to make clothing.