The Twitter IPO is even closer now, as the company has filed its S-1.
Some of the highlights from the Twitter S-1:
- The proposed ticker symbol is “TWTR,” but an exchange was not disclosed.
- Lead underwriters include Goldman Sachs (GS), Morgan Stanley (MS) and JPMorgan (MS).
- Twitter now has more than 215 million monthly active users and over 100 million daily active users. These users create about 500 million Tweets every day.
- Of those 215 million MAUs, about 75% are using Twitter via mobile.
- In its S-1, Twitter uses the word “social” 24 times. But it uses “mobile” 130 times.
- In 2012, revenues spiked by nearly 200% year-over-year to $316.9 million. Twitter did generate a net loss of $79.4 million, but that was 38% better than in 2011. Twitter also boasted a positive adjusted EBITDA of $21.2 million.
- In the first half of this year, revenues jumped by 107% to $253.6 million, but the net loss rose by 41% to $69.3 million. Adjusted EBITDA was $21.4 million, nearly matching its total for all of 2012.
Stay tuned for more information about the Twitter IPO, and also check out some of our recent articles:
- Twitter IPO: It’s Exciting, But How Can You Profit?
- NFL Deal Stokes the Twitter IPO Flame
- Called It! Twitter IPO Reportedly Going to the NYSE
Tom Taulli runs the InvestorPlace blog IPO Playbook. He is also the author of High-Profit IPO Strategies, All About Commodities and All About Short Selling. Follow him on Twitter at @ttaulli. As of this writing, he did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.