The Richest Celebs Behind Occupy Wall Street

by Alyssa Oursler | September 17, 2012 10:49 am

Today marks the one-year anniversary of Occupy Wall Street — a protest movement against economic inequality. Supporters of the movement blasted the wide gap in wealth between the top 1% and the rest of the population — “the 99%.”

Surprisingly, many multimillionaire celebrities were very vocal about their support of the movement, despite the fact that they were part of the group being protested against.

Occupy Wall Street defined the top 1% as anyone with an annual household income greater than $593,000, according to the website Celebrity Networth[1]. I’d say that Yoko Ono, for one, who got behind the movement, undoubtedly falls into that category considering her net worth of $500 million.

And that’s just the beginning. In fact, the top ten most-loaded supporters combine to have a net worth well-over $1 billion.

Granted, the movement was also angry about the undue influence of corporations on government, along with greed and corruption in the financial sector.

But still, a large part of the agenda was the problem with the 1% — and these members of that group still jumped on board. Have a look at the richest supporters — and just how much they are worth.

  1. Yoko Ono, $500 million
  2. Russell Simmons, $325 million
  3. Rosanne Barr, $80 million
  4. Deepak Chopra, $80 million
  5. Kanye West, $70 million
  6. Alec Baldwin, $65 million
  7. Susan Sarandon, $50 million
  8. Michael Moore, $50 million
  9. Tim Robbins, $50 million
  10. Nancy Pelosi, $35 million
  1. according to the website Celebrity Networth:

Source URL:
Short URL: