Tasty Food Trends Coming in 2013
by Nate Wooley | October 25, 2012 2:39 pm
The Sterling-Rice Group brought together a group of culinary experts to help look into the future and identify the food trends that will define 2013. The list they came up with focuses on both the healthfulness of food and global market realities.
Here’s a sample of what they expect to see in supermarkets and on restaurant menus in the new year:
- Sour gets its day: Food tastes will head away from sweets.
- Chefs watch your weight: Lighter, low-calorie fare will come to the fore.
- Asia infiltrates American comfort food: Look for Southeast Asian flavors to pop up in snacking.
- Veggies take over the plate: Along with healthier meals, vegetables will become main dishes.
- Kid’s menus grow up: More adult-oriented dishes for the younger set.
Click to see entirety of the list from Sterling-Rice Group.
More about food:
- Drought Has Food Prices Set to Spike in 2013
- 5 Hot Food Trends for 2012
- Why the Price of Milk Could Double Very Soon
- the list from Sterling-Rice Group: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/top-ten-food-trends-to-tempt-your-taste-buds-in-2013-175300181.html
- Drought Has Food Prices Set to Spike in 2013: https://investorplace.com/2012/10/drought-has-food-prices-set-to-spike-in-2013/
- 5 Hot Food Trends for 2012: https://investorplace.com/2012/01/5-hot-food-trends-for-2012/
- Why the Price of Milk Could Double Very Soon: https://investorplace.com/2012/10/why-the-price-of-milk-could-double-very-soon/
Source URL: https://investorplace.com/2012/10/tasty-food-trends-coming-in-2013/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fywNni
Copyright ©2018 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.