The 5 Hottest Debuts at the 2012 LA Auto Show
by Christopher Freeburn | November 29, 2012 10:32 am
On Wednesday, automakers showed off a wide array of new and updated models at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
While global automotive giants like General Motors (NYSE:GM), Toyota (NYSE:TM), Volkswagen (PINK:VLKAY), Ford (NYSE:F) and Subaru touted hefty horsepower and flashy new technology, analysts noted that most car-buyers remained focused on vehicles that were well-made and reliable, the Los Angeles Times noted.
Here are the top five vehicle offerings making their debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show this week:
- Chevrolet Spark EV — This electric car from GM can reportedly recharge its battery to 80% capacity in just 20 minutes and will be priced under $25,000.
- Porsche Cayman — The new coupe comes in two versions and will hit dealerships in April.
- Toyota RAV4 — The popular SUV gets it first re-design in seven years, adding an smart all-wheel-driven system and enhanced transmission.
- Audi Diesels — Volkswagen’s luxury brand will now offer diesel versions of its A6, A7, A8 and Q5 vehicles.
- Subaru Forester — The updated version features 250 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque, while boosting fuel economy.
- [Image]: https://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/chevy-spark-ev.jpg
- automakers showed off a wide array of new and updated models: http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-autos-debuts-20121129,0,3089537,full.story
- GM: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GM
- TM: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=TM
- VLKAY: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=VLKAY
- F: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=F
Source URL: https://investorplace.com/2012/11/the-5-hottest-debuts-at-the-2012-la-auto-show/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fshdcT
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.