The Highest-Paid Musician for 2012 Isn’t Who You Think
by Nate Wooley | November 28, 2012 4:18 pm
The musician making the most this year is none other than Dr. Dre.
Forbes has put together a list of the top-earning musicians of 2012. Along with Dr. Dre are stars of hip-hop, pop and rock music from many eras.
The hip-hop pioneer brought in $110 million this year. Not that Dre hadn’t made some money before this — his time with N.W.A and World Class Wreckin’ Crew treated him well. But in 2012, Dre managed to sell a 51% stake in his Beats headphone business. That alone brought him $100 million.
Here’s the top 10 from the list:
- Dr. Dre — $110 million
- Roger Waters — $88 million: The former Pink Flord songwriter is touring behind The Wall
- Elton John — $80 million: A set of shows in Las Vegas and another tour helped him in 2012
- U2 — $78 million: The final legs of a 3-year tour helped the Irish band to success
- Take That — $69 million: The boy band went on a reunion tour and raked it in
- Bon Jovi — $60 million: A world tour boosted the New Jersey band
- Britney Spears — $58 million: Britney earned millions from endorsements and a partnership with Elizabeth Arden
- Paul McCartney — $57 million: A few dozen shows and his Beatle’s royalty checks helped Sir Paul cash in
- Taylor Swift — $57 million: Her tour this year grossed more than $1 million per show
- Justin Bieber — $55 million: The 18-year-old cashed in with his tour and his tech investments
You can see the entire list of the 25 highest-paid musicians at Forbes.
Other entertainers in the news:
- Bobby B Denies DUI Charge
- Justin Bieber Booed By His Own Countrymen
- Robert Pattinson Snags $12 Million Endorsement Deal
- [Image]: https://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/dr-dre.jpg
- the top-earning musicians of 2012: http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2012/11/28/the-worlds-highest-paid-musicians-2012/
- from the list: http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2012/11/28/the-worlds-highest-paid-musicians-2012/
- Dr. Dre: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel45kldk/1-dr-dre-110-million/
- Roger Waters: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel45kldk/2-roger-waters-88-million/
- Elton John: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel45kldk/3-elton-john-80-million/
- U2: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel45kldk/4-u2-78-million/
- Take That: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel45kldk/5-take-that-69-million/
- Bon Jovi: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel45kldk/6-bon-jovi-60-million/
- Britney Spears: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel45kldk/7-britney-spears-58-million/
- Paul McCartney: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel45kldk/8-paul-mccartney-57-million-tie/
- Taylor Swift: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel45kldk/8-taylor-swift-57-million-tie/
- Justin Bieber: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel45kldk/10-justin-bieber-55-million-tie/
- entire list of the 25 highest-paid musicians at Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2012/11/28/the-worlds-highest-paid-musicians-2012/
- Bobby B Denies DUI Charge: https://investorplace.com/2012/11/bobby-b-denies-dui-charge/
- Justin Bieber Booed By His Own Countrymen: https://investorplace.com/2012/11/justin-bieber-booed-by-his-own-countrymen/
- Robert Pattinson Snags $12 Million Endorsement Deal: https://investorplace.com/2012/10/robert-pattinson-snags-12-million-endorsement-deal/
Source URL: https://investorplace.com/2012/11/the-highest-paid-musician-for-2012-isnt-who-you-think/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nCQezL
Copyright ©2018 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.