Top Food Trends for 2013
by Nate Wooley | December 6, 2012 12:22 pm
The National Restaurant Association has released its “What’s Hot in 2013” list.
The list, which helps define what the new food trends will be, is published every year by the association. It’s compiled from information provided by more than 1,800 members of the American Culinary Association.
Locally grown meats and seafood are the top trends seen for 2013, according to the survey. Also making the top 5 for the first time is environmental sustainability for food.
Other top finishers include gluten-free eating, smaller portions and ethnic-inspired foods.
Here are the top 10 items from the list:
- Locally sourced meat and seafood
- Locally grown produce
- Healthful kid’s meals
- Environmental sustainability
- Children’s nutrition
- New cuts of meat
- Hyper-local sourcing
- Gluten-free cuisine
- Sustainable seafood
- Whole-grain items in kid’s meals
The full list is available from restaurant.org.
More stories about food and trends:
- 5 Food Trends to Taste in 2013
- NYC Fast Food Workers Strike for More Pay
- Newark Mayor to Eat on $4 a Day
- [Image]: https://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/food-hungry-plate185.jpg
- is published every year by the association: http://nrn.com/food-trends/chefs-predict-top-culinary-trends-2013
- from the list: http://www.restaurant.org/pdfs/research/WhatsHotFood2013.pdf
- restaurant.org: http://www.restaurant.org/pdfs/research/WhatsHotFood2013.pdf
- 5 Food Trends to Taste in 2013: https://investorplace.com/2012/11/5-food-trends-to-taste-in-2013/
- NYC Fast Food Workers Strike for More Pay: https://investorplace.com/2012/11/nyc-fast-food-workers-picket-for-more-pay/
- Newark Mayor to Eat on $4 a Day: https://investorplace.com/investorpolitics/newark-mayor-to-eat-on-4-a-day/
Source URL: https://investorplace.com/2012/12/top-food-trends-for-2013/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nzIbDI
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.