Chrysler Recalls 247,000 Vehicles
by Nate Wooley | April 11, 2013 12:59 pm
Chrysler is recalling almost a quarter of a million vehicles for a series of problems.
The automaker is recalling the cars and SUVs — 247,000 in total — because of problems with broken drive shafts, faulty gas hoses and air bag warning lights that shine when there’s no problem, The Associated Press reports.
There are three separate recalls. They include:
- 139,000 2011 and 2012 Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Challengers that may have faulty air bag warning lights.
- 78,500 2007 and 2008 Jeep Liberty and Dodge Nitro SUVs that may be vulnerable to breaking drive shafts.
- 30,000 2012 Jeep Patriot and Jeep Compass SUVs that may have faulty gas tank hoses.
Owners of the affected cars and SUVs are asked to take them to the nearest Chrysler dealer for inspection and repair.
More stories about recalls:
- Oops! Birth Control Pills Recalled Over Placebos
- Warning: Cat Food Recall in 25 States
- Faulty Airbags Lead to Massive Japanese Auto Recall
- [Image]: https://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/chrysler-logo.jpg
- The Associated Press reports: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/chrysler-recalls-more-than-247000-cars-suvs-to-fix-gas-tank-drive-shaft/2013/04/09/61351558-a17b-11e2-bd52-614156372695_story.html
- Oops! Birth Control Pills Recalled Over Placebos: https://investorplace.com/2013/04/oops-birth-control-pills-recalled-over-placebo-mixup/
- Warning: Cat Food Recall in 25 States: https://investorplace.com/2013/03/warning-cat-food-recall-in-25-states/
- Faulty Airbags Lead to Massive Japanese Auto Recall: https://investorplace.com/2013/04/faulty-airbags-lead-to-massive-japanese-auto-recall/
Source URL: https://investorplace.com/2013/04/chrysler-recalls-247000-vehicles/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1bDtFCk
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.