Consumer Reports: Big Mobile Tech Trends for Summer 2013
by William White | June 19, 2013 1:31 pm
Most people own some kind of mobile device. Whether its a smartphone, tablet or camera, the almost constant stream of changes to these devices affects our daily lives.
It can be hard to keep up with all the advancement in these devices, however, but Consumer Reports has it covered with its list of tech trends for 2013. Let’s take a look at five of the choices.
- Cameras Everywhere: Phones and tablets get better cameras with each new model, but at the end of the day a stand alone camera will still give the best quality picture.
- E-book Readers Losing Steam: With tablets and phones moving to higher-resolution screens, e-book readers are starting to look like a thing of the past, though brighter screens and longer battery life does still give them an advantage.
- Higher-Resolution Screens: As mentioned earlier, tablet and phone displays keep getting better. Because higher-resolution screens tend to be more rectangular than square, they’re becoming easier to carry (via pockets and purses).
- Built-in Speakers Not Up to Par: Yes, built-in speakers have gotten better, but for a rich, quality sound, headphones or wireless speakers are the way to go.
- Better Batteries: Battery life has always been a main concern for consumers. While new batteries last much longer, constant use such as watching videos or gaming still cause heavy drain.
To see the rest of the list check out 8 trends in mobile devices.
- Consumer Reports: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2013/08/8-trends-in-mobile-devices/index.htm
- e-book: https://investorplace.com/2013/06/tuesday-apple-rumors-apple-accounts-for-25-of-e-book-sales/
- tablet and phone displays: https://investorplace.com/2013/05/tuesday-apple-rumors-twice-as-many-pixels-for-iphone-5s/
- 8 trends in mobile devices: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2013/08/8-trends-in-mobile-devices/index.htm
Source URL: https://investorplace.com/2013/06/consumer-reports-big-mobile-tech-trends-for-summer-2013/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fwaQ8o
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.