United Airlines Adds New High-Profile Routes
by William White | October 8, 2013 1:46 pm
United Continental Holdings’ (UAL) United Airlines will add new high-profile routes starting April 1, 2014.
The new routes will have twice daily flights between San Francisco and Atlanta and between Los Angeles and Minneapolis. The Atlanta flights will be completed with Boeing (BA) 737-800 aircraft and will be operated by United Airlines. The Minneapolis flights will be completed with Bombardier (BDRBF) CRJ700 aircraft and will be operated by SkyWest Airlines (SKYW). All of the flights will feature United First, United Economy Plus and United Economy seating options. United Airlines will also add a new flight between San Francisco and Seattle on the same day these new routes start, reports Seeking Alpha.
- Flights from San Francisco to Atlanta will depart at 8:30 a.m and 4:00 p.m. and will arrive at 4:07 p.m. and 11:37 p.m.
- Flights from Atlanta to San Francisco will depart at 7:00 a.m. and 4:55 p.m. and will arrive at 9:16 p.m. and 7:11 p.m.
- Flights from Los Angeles to Minneapolis will depart at 8:40 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. and will arrive at 2:18 p.m. and 11:38 p.m.
- Flights from Minneapolis to Los Angeles will depart at 6:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and will arrive at 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
United Airlines may be adding new routes to compete with rival Delta Air Lines (DAL), which has two of its biggest hubs in Atlanta and Minneapolis.
- [Image]: https://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/United-3.jpg
- UAL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=UAL
- April 1, 2014: http://seekingalpha.com/news-article/7780182-united-airlines-announces-new-routes-from-san-francisco-and-los-angeles-hubs
- BA: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=BA
- BDRBF: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=BDRBF
- SKYW: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=SKYW
- to compete with rival: http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinthesky/2013/10/07/retaliation-united-adds-flights-to-delta-hubs/2935925/
- DAL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=DAL
Source URL: https://investorplace.com/2013/10/united-airlines-adds-new-high-profile-routes/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fr3Ut6
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.