5 Things to Know About the Office Depot-OfficeMax Merger
by Karl Utermohlen | November 6, 2013 12:39 pm
The Office Depot (ODP) and OfficeMax $1.2 billion merger that was announced in February is finally complete.
Bloomberg Businessweek reports that the Federal Trade Commission green-lit the merger on Friday and the two companies are now one. Here are 4 things you should know about the new company:
- The new company will operate under the name Office Depot Inc.
- The combined Office Depot has revenue of $17 billion, 2,200 retail stores, and 66,000 employees.
- The retailer will retain Office Depot’s ODP stock symbol and it will begin trading Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- OfficeMax shareholders will receive 2.69 ODP shares for every OfficeMax (OMX) share they hold.
- Office Depot CEO Neil Austrian and OfficeMax CEO Ravi Saligram will be co-CEOs of the new company until they find someone to take over the reins.
You can read more about the merger here.
- ODP: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=ODP
- Bloomberg Businessweek reports: http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2013-11-06/ahead-of-the-bell-office-depot-officemax-join
- here: http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2013-11-06/ahead-of-the-bell-office-depot-officemax-join
Source URL: https://investorplace.com/2013/11/5-things-know-office-depot-officemax-merger/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nw9EpH
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.