Information Week surveyed experts to put together a list of the five social media trends businesses can expect to see next year.
- More monetization. Social media platforms will increasingly generate revenue.
- Easing privacy concerns. Americans will be more comfortable with sharing personal data online.
- More user-generated content. Retailers will look to users to create social media content to drive sales.
- Google+ gets more traction. Though it still trails Facebook, Google’s social media network will become more popular.
- Respectable Facebook. The social media giant has finally shaken off the fallout from its botched IPO and will increasingly seen as undervalued.