Study: Nearly 1/3 of Americans Get News From Facebook
by Christopher Freeburn | November 18, 2013 11:04 am
With people spending more and more time tending to their social media presence, it’s not surprising to learn that a growing number learn about news events through those platforms.
According to data released by the Pew Research Center, 64% of American adults use Facebook (FB) each month. Half of those users — 30% of Americans — consider the social media website to be a news source, TechCrunch notes.
By contrast, only 8% of adults in the U.S. see Twitter (TWTR) as a news outlet, while 10% turn to Google’s (GOOG) YouTube to get news.
LinkedIn (LNKD) is considered a news source by just 3% of American adults, which may be why the social networking website its looking to add more news content.
The Pew study found that Facebook is the most used social media platform among U.S. adults, followed by YouTube (51%), LinkedIn (19%), Twitter (16%), Pinterest (15%) and Google Plus (14%).
More Facebook News:
- FB Trouble: More Teens Dumping Facebook, Head to Messenger Apps
- High School Basketball Coach Fired Over Facebook Photo
- Moms Set Up ‘Secret’ Toddler-Bashing Facebook Group
- [Image]: https://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/facebook-screen-630.jpg
- growing number learn about news events through those platforms: http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/14/pew-social-media-study-30-of-the-u-s-gets-news-via-facebook-reddit-has-the-most-news-hungry-regular-users/
- FB: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=FB
- TWTR: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=TWTR
- GOOG: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GOOG
- LNKD: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=LNKD
- looking to add more news content: https://investorplace.com/2013/09/linkedin-taps-google-grad-to-helm-ad-division/#.Uoo5SpG1Kf0
- FB Trouble: More Teens Dumping Facebook, Head to Messenger Apps: https://investorplace.com/2013/11/fb-trouble-teens-dumping-facebook-head-messenger-apps/#.Uoo3LZG1Kf0
- High School Basketball Coach Fired Over Facebook Photo: https://investorplace.com/2013/11/high-school-basketball-coach-fired-facebook-photo/#.Uoo3WZG1Kf0
- Moms Set Up ‘Secret’ Toddler-Bashing Facebook Group: https://investorplace.com/2013/11/moms-set-secret-toddler-bashing-facebook-group/#.Uoo3f5G1Kf0
Source URL: https://investorplace.com/2013/11/study-nearly-13-americans-get-news-facebook/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fuQvQQ
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.