The Top Christmas Toys of 2013
by William White | December 13, 2013 10:42 am
MarketWatch has collected a list of the top Christmas toys for 2013. The toys are ranked by how many tractor-trailer-size shipping containers of the toys were checked in at U.S. docks.
- Top Toys of 2013 – #10: Jenga – Jenga is a game that revolves around taking wooden blocks out of a tower without knocking the tower over.
- Top Toys of 2013 – #9: Furby – Furbies hit the market in the late 90’s with to huge success. Hasbro (HAS) recently introduced a new version of the fluffy toys in 2012.
- Top Toys of 2013 – #8: Elmo – The little red monster from Sesame Street is still a popular toy for children.
- Top Toys of 2013 – #7: Sofia the First – This little princess joined Disney’s (DIS) ranks in 2012 and now has her own television show.
- Top Toys of 2013 – #6: Doc McStuffins – McStuffins is another one of Disney’s creations, but she isn’t a princes. Instead, she fixes toys with the help of stuffed animals.
- Top Toys of 2013 – #5: LeapPad – LeapFrog (LF) launcehd these wonderful little learning devices that bring kids into the worlds of their favorite characters in 1999.
- Top Toys of 2013 – #4: Lego – These building block have been around since 1949 and they show no signs of going anywhere.
- Top Toys of 2013 – #3: Monster High – Mattel’s (MAT) gothic dolls have been a hot item for holiday shoppers ever since they hit shelves in 2010.
- Top Toys of 2013 – #2: Nerf – Nerf guns offer a safe way for kids to have showdowns with their foam darts.
- Top Toys of 2013 – #1: Barbie – Barbie takes the top of the list and is still a popular item with girls 54 years after her debut.
To see more about the top toys of 2013, click here.
- MarketWatch: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/barbie-poised-for-a-holiday-comeback-2013-12-10
- HAS: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=HAS
- DIS: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=DIS
- LF: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=LF
- MAT: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=MAT
- click here: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/barbie-poised-for-a-holiday-comeback-2013-12-10
Source URL: https://investorplace.com/2013/12/top-christmas-toys-2013/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fpWkir
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.