Michael Phelps Coming Out of Retirement to Compete Again
by Karl Utermohlen | April 14, 2014 4:45 pm
Michael Phelps is coming out of retirement and looking to make a comeback in the world of competitive swimming.
The 28-year-old has been training to get back in shape and compete for the first time since the 2012 London Games. Michael Phelps has signed up for the 50-meter and 100-meter freestyles as well as the 100 butterfly at a meet in Mesa, Arizona on April 24-26.
The athlete is also looking to add to his 22 Olympic medals in Rio 2016. He started training again last fall and re-entered the U.S. drug-testing program. Michael Phelps passed the six-month waiting period enforced by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to be eligible to compete.
More Sports Headlines
- Josh Elliott to Leave ABC’s GMA for NBC Sports
- Kids’ Choice Sports 2014: Nickelodeon to Launch Sports Awards Show
- Sports Illustrated 50th Anniversary Swimsuit Cover
- [Image]: https://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Michael-Phelps.jpg
- Wikipedia: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/90/Michael_Phelps_wins_8th_gold_medal_(cropped).jpg
- has been training: http://espn.go.com/olympics/swimming/story/_/id/10780808/olympic-great-michael-phelps-ends-retirement-swim-april-meet
- Josh Elliott to Leave ABC’s GMA for NBC Sports: https://investorplace.com/2014/03/josh-elliott-gma-dis-stock-cmcsa-stock/#.U0xFVaiwXRE
- Kids’ Choice Sports 2014: Nickelodeon to Launch Sports Awards Show: https://investorplace.com/2014/03/nickelodeon-sports-awards-via-stock/#.U0xFNKiwXRE
- Sports Illustrated 50th Anniversary Swimsuit Cover: https://investorplace.com/2014/02/photo-check-sports-illustrated-50th-anniversary-swimsuit-cover/#.U0xFM6iwXRE
Source URL: https://investorplace.com/2014/04/michael-phelps-retirement/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1kYZj2Q
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.