Energy stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 7.6% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 4.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 3.5% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 2.7% to a new 52-week high of $42.83.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is up 2.6% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Camac Energy Inc (CAK): CAK stock is up 2.6% today and up 27.0% in the last month.
- Northern Oil and Gas (NOG): NOG stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 3.6% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 3.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 2.8% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kinder Morgan Management Llc (KMR): KMR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 0.9% today and down 51.9% in the last month.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.