Electrical power to the Skytower ride — which takes a capsule filled with people about 320 feet above the theme park — failed during the afternoon. That left 46 park guests and 2 park workers stuck 220 feet in the air, the Associated Press notes.
SeaWorld officials were able to bring water and food to the stranded people as they worked to restore power to the ride.
Power was finally restored around 7:30 p.m. By that point the people in the Skytower had been stranded there for four hours.
No one was reported injured in the incident, though one passenger was treated for anxiety.
SEAS stock rose slightly in Monday midday trading.
More Rides Behaving Badly:
- Universal Studios Roller Coaster Traps 12 Riders for Hours
- Ringling Bros. Circus Accident Injures 9 Performers
- Another Bounce House Blows Away With Kids Inside
- 5 Injured During NC State Fair’s Vortex Ride Mishap
- 7 Injured After Cedar Point Log Flume Malfunctions