Capital goods stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.0%, the Nasdaq rose 1.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 1.8% today.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is up 1.8% today.
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): ATK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 1.5% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 0.5% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.