Services stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.0%, the Nasdaq fell 0.8% and the S&P 500 declined 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Frontier Communications Corp (FTR): FTR stock is up 4.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company (RRD): RRD stock is up 2.9% today.
- Sotheby’s Holdings (BID): BID stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cinemark Holdings Inc (CNK): CNK stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Huron Consulting Group Inc (HURN): HURN stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): CRWN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Weight Watchers International Inc (WTW): WTW stock is up 2.2% today.
- The Advisory Board Company (ABCO): ABCO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Genesco Inc (GCO): GCO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Buckle Inc (BKE): BKE stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is down 5.3% today.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is down 4.5% today.
- Chesapeake Lodging Trust (CHSP): CHSP stock is down 4.4% today.
- Walgreen Company (WAG): WAG stock is down 4.1% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is down 3.4% today.
- Office Depot (ODP): ODP stock is down 3.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cedar Fair L.P. (FUN): FUN stock is down 3.2% today.
- Aaron’s Inc (AAN): AAN stock is down 3.2% today and down 27.9% in the last month.
- Mobile Telesystems (MBT): MBT stock is down 3.1% today.
- Felcor Lodging Trust Inc (FCH): FCH stock is down 3.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.