Utilities stocks rose 2.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is up 2.9% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is up 2.6% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 2.5% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is up 2.4% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.2% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.