Utilities stocks rose 1.3% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq rose 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.