Utilities stocks finished up 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq increased 0.9% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 2.8% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.8% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 1.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed losses:
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.