Consumer noncyclical stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.5%, the Nasdaq declined 1.4% and the S&P 500 fell 1.5%.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed gains:
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 2.8% today.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is down 2.3% today.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Tupperware Corp (TUP): TUP stock is down 1.6% today.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Constellation Brands Inc (STZ): STZ stock is down 1.6% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.