Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.0% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is up 4.7% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 4.6% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is up 3.7% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 3.6% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Natus Medical Inc (BABY): BABY stock is up 3.1% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 3.0% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 3.0% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is up 3.0% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals Inc (SGNT): SGNT stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.