Utilities stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 2.8% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 2.2% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 2.1% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.