Healthcare stocks declined 0.6% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals Inc (AVNR): AVNR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Covidien Plc. (COV): COV stock is down 0.6% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is down 0.2% today.
- Covance Inc (CVD): CVD stock is down 0.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.