Capital goods stocks finished up 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.8% higher and the S&P 500 increased 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is up 4.9% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is up 4.8% today.
- Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): ATK stock is up 4.6% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 4.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is up 4.1% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 3.6% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 3.5% today.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is up 3.5% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 3.4% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is down 0.2% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is down 0.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.