Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 1.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.0%, the Nasdaq increased 1.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 3.3% today.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is up 3.3% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is up 3.2% today.
- J & J Snack Foods (JJSF): JJSF stock is up 3.0% today.
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is up 2.9% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is up 2.6% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is up 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.