Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 1.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.5%.
Only one stock in the basic materials sectors showed gains:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 6.0% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 5.7% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 4.6% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 4.6% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 4.5% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 4.1% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 4.1% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 4.1% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 4.1% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 4.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.