Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 1.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 6.4% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 5.3% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 5.1% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 4.6% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 4.0% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 4.1% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 3.8% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 3.8% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 3.4% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 3.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.