Consumer cyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.2%, the Nasdaq rose 1.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is up 2.9% today.
- Brunswick Corp (BC): BC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Ralph Lauren Corp (RL): RL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): LEG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is up 2.2% today.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL): AXL stock is up 2.1% today.
- La-Z-Boy Inc (LZB): LZB stock is up 2.1% today.
Only one stock in the consumer cyclical sectors showed losses:
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.