Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.5% higher, the Nasdaq was up 1.9% and the S&P 500 increased 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is up 4.8% today.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is up 2.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Ecolab Inc (ECL): ECL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is up 1.9% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 1.9% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is up 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is up 1.7% today.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed losses:
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.