Healthcare stocks finished up 1.9% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.3%, the Nasdaq increased 1.2% and the S&P 500 was up 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 4.5% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 4.4% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 4.3% today.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN): AMGN stock is up 4.3% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 4.3% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is up 4.0% today and up 55.9% in the last month.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is up 3.9% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 3.8% today.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is up 3.4% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is down 0.6% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 0.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.