Utilities stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq increased 1.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 2.7% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 1.7% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 1.7% today.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed losses:
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.