- The North London native attended Watford Boys Grammar School and lated studied natural sciences at Durham University.
- Easterbrook joined McDonald’s in 1993 as a financial reporting manager in London. He rose through the ranks over the following 18 years, serving as a regional vice president, boss of McDonald’s UK, and president of McDonald’s Europe.
- His 2011 departure from the company gave way to a new opportunity as the head of a UK chain. PizzaExpress hired Easterbrook as CEO and he helped the company grow from 400 to 600 outlets.
- The Brit left PizzaExpress after a brief stint and became Wagamama CEO in 2012. The noodle chain also grew during Easterbrook’s tenure.
- He returned to McDonald’s in 2013 as the company’s global chief brand officer role.
MCD stock is up 4.9% Thursday afternoon.
More From InvestorPlace
Wall Street’s 5 Biggest Villains
10 Ways to Tax-Proof Your Portfolio
10 Richest People in the World