Energy stocks fell 1.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Only one stock in the energy sectors showed gains:
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 8.1% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 5.8% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 5.5% today.
- Ocean Rig Udw Inc (ORIG): ORIG stock is down 4.6% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 2.8% today.
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is down 3.6% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is down 2.9% today.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is down 4.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.