Basic materials stocks finished up 2.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.4%, the Nasdaq increased 1.0% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 5.6% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 5.2% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 5.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 5.0% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 4.7% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 4.5% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 4.0% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 3.9% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 3.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 1.3% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.