Capital goods stocks rose 1.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.4% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.0% and the S&P 500 was up 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is up 4.4% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is up 4.3% today.
- Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): ATK stock is up 3.8% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 4.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 3.2% today.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 3.2% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 3.4% today.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed losses:
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.