Utilities stocks finished up 0.9% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.