Capital goods stocks rose 1.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.2% and the S&P 500 was up 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is up 3.1% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 2.8% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is up 2.7% today.
- John Bean Technologies Corp (JBT): JBT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 2.1% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is up 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.