Capital goods stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.7% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 2.8% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 2.5% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is up 2.5% today.
- United Technologies Corp (UTX): UTX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is up 2.4% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is up 2.3% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is up 2.2% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.