Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 3.5% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 2.7% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 2.6% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 2.2% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 2.2% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.